[Issue] Multiple Messaging Threads for Same Contact

wtf_aleks

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is a WP8 thing, or a Lumia 920 thing (which is the phone I own), but I'm having a strange "issue" with my messaging. It happened after messing around with my contacts' information (just unlinking some contacts and deleting the ones that only contained an email address to manually enter that same email address into their other entry). Now instead of having one entry per contact in the Messaging app, that same contact has multiple entries (some have 2, some have 3).

When I tap on their name, it's the same information each time. I tried deleting the contact completely and re-adding it to see if they'd combine, but no luck.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix or solution?

I've attached a screenshot just so there is a little more clarity on the issue.
wp_ss_20130110_0002.jpg

trini0

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I thought I was going crazy. I just had the same thing happen to me over the past few days.
I recently migrated my email contacts to outlook.com, as I was no longer going to be using my previous email address.
Each individual thread points back to the same contact.
If I reply from the original thread, the new incoming reply starts a new thread from the same contact.
As far as I know, this data cannot be combined outside the phone (which sucks).
I'll be really upset, if I lost historical continuity..

Brandon Keenan

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I have this same issue but now on windows phone 8 dev update. It seems to only happen when I link a contact from facebook to my outlook contact. Still no fix.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss