Gmail and Windows Phone

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Pick your poison. Every company sucks, every company abuses and mines your data to sell to advertisers (don't think for a moment Microsoft isn't doing it too, they are, and it's well documented), every company tries to lock you into their ecosystem, every company has fanboys that think their company is the best and all the others are evil and suck.
Meh.

anilraj

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
While, it is really easy to move from GMail to Outlook.com mail service, I don't think that should be the strategy from Microsoft.

In GMail you can enable POP, and go to Outlook.com and settings enable to read from GMail.
It works fine.
My Outlook.com has transferred all my GMails (from 2004) to my Outlook.com.
All the new GMails appear in the Outlook.com.

In you "From Address", it will say "Sent only behalf of your@gmail.com".
Not a bad solution.

Additionally, you can create an Outlook.com mail alias also.
And you can use any mail id interchangeably.

But, it is good solution for everyone out there.
People love gmail.
So, if you asking them to move from GMail to Outlook for Window Phone, it is going to fail.

I am sure, MS is aware of it.
And they will have a solution (like Apple).

So, you folks who don't want to use Outook.com you don't have to worry.

JigShah

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
There is always the non-free option. Hosted Exchange accounts cost $4/mailbox/month. You can use the proper Outlook Web App instead of the outlook.com inbox and hotmail calendar combo. I am very close to this, as I am getting tired of waiting for the hotmail calendar to be replaced.

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm doing the same thing. In two weeks, I'll delete my Google account.

I'll still be able to use Google Maps, Search, or anything that doesn't require logging in, so it's not a big deal for me. There is nothing I use that requires a Google account.

Freeloader

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
My Outlook.com has transferred all my GMails (from 2004) to my Outlook.com.
All the new GMails appear in the Outlook.com.

gmail wasn't around in 2004.

Also you can set it up in outlook to outlook grab all the email from gmail and not leave it on the server.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Freeloader

How is he a freeloader, because he doesn't want google tracking his stuff. Google products are mostly free except if you want to use add-words, or google apps.

Anyway, I only use YouTube and that is only if somebody has posted a video to a social media website (facebook, twitter, or even email)

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
How is he a freeloader, because he doesn't want google tracking his stuff. Google products are mostly free except if you want to use add-words, or google apps.

Anyway, I only use YouTube and that is only if somebody has posted a video to a social media website (facebook, twitter, or even email)

Right, this is the part most people seem not to get. Nothing is free, NOTHING. You either pay for a service with money or your information.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Hold on everyone. Team Obi Juan I believe was being funny when he/she called Lak611 a freeloader. And Lak611 is a lady.

macky360

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I moved away from relying on google for email as I didn't support their new aggressive stance to my chosen mobile phone ecosystem (WP8). I've moved my personal email from gmail to outlook.com and my business from google apps to Office365. While I feel outlook.com was a downgrade from gmail, Office365 is absolutely fantastic!

stueyboy

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I moved away from relying on google for email as I didn't support their new aggressive stance to my chosen mobile phone ecosystem (WP8). I've moved my personal email from gmail to outlook.com and my business from google apps to Office365. While I feel outlook.com was a downgrade from gmail, Office365 is absolutely fantastic!

Same here.

J4P

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Being a long term gmail and gmail app user and having switched recently from Android to WP8, gmail app is probabilidade the app that I miss the most. The stock mail on wp8 is much more limited. No tags, no email account choosing it you have several accounts aggragated to one, no archive option, just to say the least. :asleep:

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb