Preorders are now LIVEfor all of the new Surface devicesfor Fall 2021

View Poll Results: Which problem are you having with facebook chat on windows phone?

Voters
185. You may not vote on this poll
  • Contacts not showing, chat not connecting

106 57.30%
  • None. Mines works perfectly fine!

47 25.41%
  • Receive an error code

2 1.08%
  • idk, never used it.

30 16.22%
08-20-2013 04:21 PM
81 1234
tools
    Even IM+ also unable to show online contacts on chat, this might be Facebook problem.
    04-29-2013 12:35 AM
    Did notice one thing which may cause some confusion regardings the contacts shown. Facebook using a desktop shows all the users as online who are actually online and those who have their phones set to being available. WP only shows the former group, frequently resulting in a subset of people who are online on the desktop but not online on your phone...
    well that's not completely true as often I see "on mobile" in stead of "online", but as everyone else, it's dropping all the time + missing messages
    04-29-2013 05:00 AM
    Mine was working great until recently... I decided to reset my Lumia 920 as the Music app was giving me trouble. I set up the phone how it was Before and now the chat is messed up. It works, I'm able to log in and all, but it only shows me one single contact online?! I'm online, it works cuz ppl can write to me, but I can't see 99% of my Contacts... Anyone having similar issues?
    04-29-2013 07:18 AM
    Mine was working great until recently... I decided to reset my Lumia 920 as the Music app was giving me trouble. I set up the phone how it was Before and now the chat is messed up. It works, I'm able to log in and all, but it only shows me one single contact online?! I'm online, it works cuz ppl can write to me, but I can't see 99% of my Contacts... Anyone having similar issues?
    the issues seem to be all a little different but luckily it looks like facebook has finally done something about it...

https://developers.facebook.com/bugs/501097533289309

they are supposed to be pushing out a fix to the xmpp server on there end, its a known problem with that one and 3rd party clients that attempt to connect or are connected to that server.
    04-29-2013 07:40 PM
    some people who had the same issues have started noting that they are no longer having these problems... if anyone else notices a fix, can you please let us know in this thread if u do see that your facebook chat is now working properly...
    04-29-2013 07:42 PM
    Yep, it's magicly fixed for me. (Resets didn't work before)
    London Jr likes this.
    04-29-2013 09:39 PM
    Yep, it's magicly fixed for me. (Resets didn't work before)
    did you have to log off then log back on or what?
    04-30-2013 01:02 AM
    the issues seem to be all a little different but luckily it looks like facebook has finally done something about it...

https://developers.facebook.com/bugs/501097533289309

they are supposed to be pushing out a fix to the xmpp server on there end, its a known problem with that one and 3rd party clients that attempt to connect or are connected to that server.
    Yepp today it fixed it self magically lol. I dont know what it did... I didnt do a thing. I bet there was a problem at their part. Good thing it's working again finally! A let the chat stay logged in for the whole day when it started working.
    04-30-2013 01:26 AM
    about facebook chat
    I delete it and reactivate the account and it worked
    04-30-2013 01:29 AM
    did you have to log off then log back on or what?
    No, it just worked suddenly. I tried every guide on the web, none of them worked.
    It was on Facebook's fault.
    04-30-2013 03:46 AM
    I think they fix it, yesterday on twitter winphonesupport replied to me and said they are still looking into it, today it works :D I'm gonna thank them.
    04-30-2013 03:58 AM
    No, it just worked suddenly. I tried every guide on the web, none of them worked.
    It was on Facebook's fault.
    Same here, all just work suddenly on the morning (after almost a week with empty online list) ...

About missing messages, I had a case with my friend that her messages did not arrive to my cp, but she received all my messages ... well, we removed an battery saver app, "Batteryx2", from her android phone and since that, I have received all her messages ...
    04-30-2013 09:43 AM
    I still have the problem on my 920 ... I removed the account from the phone and deleted the app on FB and re-added the account, but still no luck.
    Any suggestions?

"Can't connect to chat" message and no online contracts.
    05-03-2013 01:11 AM
    I still have the problem on my 920 ... I removed the account from the phone and deleted the app on FB and re-added the account, but still no luck.
    Any suggestions?

"Can't connect to chat" message and no online contracts.
    nope... IM plus gives a failed connection notification on the web and app, outlook.com switches facebook connection automatically to off, skype says it can't connect and lumia just doesn't show the contacts. i tried disconnecting all of the accounts and they are all disconnected completely at the moment, all accounts removed from fb and the apps themselves and my phone. i tried it just a while ago. this is strange, nothing is working. I've scoured my fb settings to find something, what the hell am i looking over?

i still think there is a problem still affecting a small amount of us, or the fix is still rolling out... i'm still researching it... but they did acknowledge that there is/was a problem
    05-03-2013 01:29 AM
    Messaging is working on outlook.com and with a bit of a delay in IM+ as well. Just not on the phone.
    My firmware version is 1232.5931.1249.1002
    05-04-2013 10:38 PM
    All internet messaging is not working on my Windows Phone 7 (Both Facebook and MSN). I have tried some of the fixes, but none have worked for me. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

*I know that this problem is not only about Facebook Chat API but I still need help
    Last edited by boomxx; 05-11-2013 at 04:56 AM.
    05-10-2013 07:50 AM
    This still seems to be a problem. Both my Focus S and my wife's 920 do not receive facebook chat messages. This is getting old.
    06-29-2013 10:09 AM
    Hi.

i'm getting this problem since long ago. What it fix this problem (for a little while at least) is creating another "access point" in the settings. So, when i get "can't conect to chat", i just switch from my original apn to the one i've created...wait a few seconds, a then select the original again. This fix my problem until next time (sometimes an hour later, a day later....)

Cheers!
    07-22-2013 09:35 AM
    Is the facebook chat problem with messaging app on windows phone resolved for you guys? Still facing the same issues. Tried all possible ways.
    08-01-2013 09:04 AM
    Same issue with my phone, brother. It's lumia 510. It's really irritating to see that no one from Microsoft or Facebook have reacted as they should have. Have tried all the possibilites. Still no luck.
    08-01-2013 09:18 AM
    The problems are not resolved for me and after trying everything I now use IM+ Free.
    08-06-2013 06:03 PM
    Ok... This sounds too simple but it worked for me. I've been getting this "Can't connect to Chat"/"Can't connect to IM" message from both my Me tile and my message chat screen for about a month now. It was really annoying. All I did was uninstall the Facebook app from my phone and the Chat finally kicked in. SO WEIRD... I haven't tried reinstalling the FB app from the application store but I'm going to try that now and see if chat stops working again. My guess is that chat will probably work fine after I reinstall the FB app.
    08-07-2013 09:53 PM
    I think I found the root for the problem. Not sure though.

I enabled secure Facebook, the thing that makes the HTTPS work rather than HTTP, and I think Facebook chat is working flawlessly.

Can anyone try and confirm?
    08-10-2013 06:27 PM
    Yeah yeah, seems like this is the problem, I am finally chatting a full understandable conversations.
    08-10-2013 06:56 PM
    I have secure browsing enabled and still have problems. I receive most messages but I cannot always reply.
    08-10-2013 07:32 PM
81 1234