View Poll Results: Which problem are you having with facebook chat on windows phone?

Voters
185. You may not vote on this poll
  • Contacts not showing, chat not connecting

106 57.30%
  • None. Mines works perfectly fine!

47 25.41%
  • Receive an error code

2 1.08%
  • idk, never used it.

30 16.22%
08-20-2013 04:21 PM
81 ... 234
tools
    I have secure browsing enabled and still have problems. I receive most messages but I cannot always reply.
    hahaha, I never had a problem with sending, but I only received 20% of the messages, I had no idea why, now its working excellent, I'm not having any problems what so ever.

Maybe its just a one time thing, I don't know, but I encourage people to check.
    08-10-2013 07:54 PM
    I know this might be resurrecting an old thread, but I think I may have fixed it. It turns out the problem is on Facebook's end, not the phone's end.

Solution: You will have to edit the permission you have to certain apps. I have found that if I take out most of skype (I took out the other unnecessary apps for safe measure) and voila, I can send and receive messages via facebook on both wifi and 4G. I hope this helps!
    08-19-2013 11:17 PM
    Could you please be more clear in the steps you did?
    These are the only apps i have on fb:

capture.jpg

I know this might be resurrecting an old thread, but I think I may have fixed it. It turns out the problem is on Facebook's end, not the phone's end.

Solution: You will have to edit the permission you have to certain apps. I have found that if I take out most of skype (I took out the other unnecessary apps for safe measure) and voila, I can send and receive messages via facebook on both wifi and 4G. I hope this helps!
    08-20-2013 09:20 AM
    1) I clicked on account settings (on facebook).
    2) I clicked on app settings
    3) I had over 3 skype apps linked to my facebook account and I disabled those (as well as all the other apps and quizes I did five years ago)
    4) On my phone, I uninstalled skype and facebook beta.
    5) I downloaded the official facebook and skype again.
    6) Tested using friend's account. I messaged myself 7 messages in quick succession. got all of them.
    7) I am enjoying working facebook messaging :)

Judging from my experience, it might have to do with both skype and facebook, not on the WP end.
    08-20-2013 02:10 PM
    Yes, but do you still receive messages from that contact after replying from the phone? Because this is one of the problems. I receive fine everything, but as soon as I reply, it's game over. And one other thing, did anybody noticed that when you read the message on the phone is not marked by fb "seen at ....." on the other end? I have a feeling that this is the problem that affects fb chat, wp does not "inform" facebook about the delivery of the message. Just an idea.
    08-20-2013 03:50 PM
    I have conversations through my phone, so I believe it still works.

As for the "seen at..." when I reply and I check my laptop, it shows that I seen the message. The service doesn't work if I don't reply, though.
    08-20-2013 04:21 PM
81 ... 234