HUGE! Facebook Chat API Problem affecting Windows Phone and Skype

ChazTyldsley

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Mine still works fine, fyi if you put your status as busy it says you're on mobile on FB instead of always online like normal.

I genuinely think this is the fix... switched over to busy and so far tonight it's been working similarly to my iPad does and iPhone did - messages don't come through if you're in an active chat on the computer but once the conversation stops for about 10 minutes they come through again on your mobile devices. I'll keep experimenting but I hope this is it.

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I've had issues with the random on/off nature of FB messages, but having done the following everything seems to be working just fine - at least for now! :grin:

Slightly OT but I've also confirmed that a similar approach also appears to resolve notification issues with the official FB app. Uninstall the FB app completely and then delete the "Facebook for Windows Phone" app from FB > Apps Centre > Your Apps as per #20 above. Re-install FB on the phone and log back in. Toast and/or tile notifications then work as advertised, although there are a couple of things to note:
- There does not appear to be a toast or tile count for messages within the FB app, despite there being a tick box in the app for it.
- There are no notifications for close friends activity on their own walls. So notifications are limited to activity related to your wall posts or your posts/comments elsewhere.

RyanR47

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been off and on. It's usually ok but from time to time I get a weird "Can't Connect, Try again later" error. Also noticed if I get a msg on my desktop's browser, sometimes it doesn't show up on my phone and I have gaps in my conversations. Again, not all the time but it's there.

Im having exactly the same experience!

Florin Anghel

Banned
Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm keep getting the first messages from the chat, but afterwards it stops. For example my wife wrote me 3 lines, the first two appeared on the phone, but the last one did not arrived at all. Fb chat on WP8 keeps doing that, I can't have a conversation on the phone cause at some point the chat stops working, I don't receive nothing and I can't send nothing even though the phone shows that my message is delivered. On the status.live.com it shows that the service is ok (connected services) but it isn't. The damn thing is broken, is not working as it should.
Regarding fb, I can get notifications pushed on my phone from the fb app, like comments or so..but the chat from the inbuilt WP8 does not work properly.

London Jr

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
i've actually tried that on my htc radar and once again on my new lumia 810, no luck, ive tried just about everything on those threads... whats worse is i still can't use it from IM plus or the skype desktop client... but yes i have tried deleting the account on facebook and my device to get the prompt to re ad the acount on facebook

London Jr

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I genuinely think this is the fix... switched over to busy and so far tonight it's been working similarly to my iPad does and iPhone did - messages don't come through if you're in an active chat on the computer but once the conversation stops for about 10 minutes they come through again on your mobile devices. I'll keep experimenting but I hope this is it.

i've actually tried this and it shows the contacts as on mobile... hasn't worked as far as me sending messages but it does show a different behavior

Pavel Graf

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I have a problem with my LUMIA 820 (WP8). On Saturday (maybe on Friday) incoming Facebook messages have stopped to come. I can see online contacts on "Online" tab, I can even send them a outgoing message (it really sent like a charm), but no incoming messages:/ I spend a few hours with testing (wifi vs. 3g vs 2g), I did factory reset of my phone, I also remove/add facebook connection in my hotmail account. My phone was fully charged without energy saver. On the internet there are no similar topics from the last few days:/ I'm really desperate:/

Can you please help me? What I'm doing bad? Or it is a problem of Microsoft/Facebook?

Many thanks in advance

sjhippie

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed today that something has indeed changed. For one... I can't "switch" from chatting via text to Facebook, or vice versa. There used to be a icon that allowed you to switch between chat/msg services and that's gone now. I just woke up so will do some looking but something is indeed different.

Hi,
I have a problem with my LUMIA 820 (WP8). On Saturday (maybe on Friday) incoming Facebook messages have stopped to come. I can see online contacts on "Online" tab, I can even send them a outgoing message (it really sent like a charm), but no incoming messages:/ I spend a few hours with testing (wifi vs. 3g vs 2g), I did factory reset of my phone, I also remove/add facebook connection in my hotmail account. My phone was fully charged without energy saver. On the internet there are no similar topics from the last few days:/ I'm really desperate:/

Can you please help me? What I'm doing bad? Or it is a problem of Microsoft/Facebook?

Many thanks in advance

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed some of my messages do not go through when using Facebook messenger integrated in Windows Phone. I just wish they'd update the Facebook app and release a proper stand alone messenger app like on iPhone. What is the hold up for an proper Facebook update?

iHuGi

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Doesnt work with Windows 8 Messaging, Skype neither Windows Phone lol

Just removed skype add from Facebook, i expect they solve this soon enough.

Chelsey Love

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
yep im having connection problems to FB chat..it was working fine with i first started using it then just out of no where i get "cannot connect to chat" error. its come on once since then which was last night and hasn't been seen since. the weird thing is, is that it works perfect on my husbands phone.

i have tried everything you can think of and the suggested in an earlier post to make it work but no luck, something is just not syncing up between FB/live/windows. i hope they fix this soon

London Jr

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Doesnt work with Windows 8 Messaging, Skype neither Windows Phone lol

Just removed skype add from Facebook, i expect they solve this soon enough.

yea still nothing happening on this... seems there is no solution out there still... I will update this thread if I find out anything else...

London Jr

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
yep im having connection problems to FB chat..it was working fine with i first started using it then just out of no where i get "cannot connect to chat" error. its come on once since then which was last night and hasn't been seen since. the weird thing is, is that it works perfect on my husbands phone.

i have tried everything you can think of and the suggested in an earlier post to make it work but no luck, something is just not syncing up between FB/live/windows. i hope they fix this soon

i understand, mines used to work, don't know where the solution will come from, there are a ton of so called solutions that dont work and people say they don't work... damn shame actually

Crystal Ziegman

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I realize that this was posted a couple of months ago, but Facebook just went through another update to their chat system (allowing users to filter who can see them as online in chat) and ever since that update I can connect to chat but none of my contacts show up. The first day FB made this change I filtered my chat to allow only 3 people to see me and those users did show up as online on my phone. After that first day, however, no one is showing up. I have checked on my PC and people ARE online. I have detached my FB acct. from my Microsoft account and re-added it which had no effect. I turned on chat to all users with the same result. Is anyone else having this issue? Have we found any solutions? It's driving me nuts!!!!! :angry:

Sherry George

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys,

Same issue here. Not able to use facebook chat with the integrated messenger on my WP 7.5 device. Though it had worked previously. In fact none of the third party chat clients cant connect to fb chat (talk to, IM+). So I believe this is a Facebook issue. Anybody has any updates?

London Jr

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys,

Same issue here. Not able to use facebook chat with the integrated messenger on my WP 7.5 device. Though it had worked previously. In fact none of the third party chat clients cant connect to fb chat (talk to, IM+). So I believe this is a Facebook issue. Anybody has any updates?

No sir, still no solutions, I have been attempting to gain some ground on this, and I think the fact that the user base is growing and we are now seeing more users with the problem will help, I am 100% sure this is a Facebook problem though. Skype and IM+ won't even connect.

London Jr

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I realize that this was posted a couple of months ago, but Facebook just went through another update to their chat system (allowing users to filter who can see them as online in chat) and ever since that update I can connect to chat but none of my contacts show up. :

thats a problem everyone has, ttry connecting thru Skype or windows messenger thru outlook.com, u will see that the issue is not just contacts not showing up but that Facebook chat is not connecting period...

London Jr

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Never use Facebook so the chat is turned off. Will fire it up and see if it affects Windows Phone at all.

I know this hasn't been a humongous issue, but its definitely a ongoing unsolved one. I want to see if the moderators have seen anything on this Rich... thanks to taking a look into it...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb