Not receiving NEW APP UPDATE notification at all!!! (frustrated ex-iphone user)

jin8k

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I have been using lumia 920 for about 2 months now, but the marketplace app does not show any notification of apps to be updated... each time I have to follow wpcentral news and manually update apps... is it normal? somebody said I should wait, now I have been waiting for more than 2 weeks, but no update notification at all!!!!!

I am frustrated... these little things used to work fine on iphone...

What can I do? my phone has not been updated to portico yet (Italy)...

:angry::angry::angry:

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Do you have the store app pinned to your start screen? The phone doesn't constantly check for updates, but the tile should update when they are present. There's no toast notification or anything for app updates.

jin8k

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the store app pinned to your start screen? The phone doesn't constantly check for updates, but the tile should update when they are present. There's no toast notification or anything for app updates.

Yes, I have it pinned on main screen. a giant large tile. and I have opened it quite many times in the hopes that it would "magically" update to show app update notification...

And to

slashd0t

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah Microsoft needs to fix this.. This is a critical issue that needs at least a hotfix pushed to resolve as a lot of people are frustrated by this..

jin8k

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
i did... anyway, i am still waiting for my career to release portico (or is it another no update notification problem...)... how does it take to release a fix, microsoft??????

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
That's strange, I have just pin the store app to my start screen the other day and "bam" there was a #1 on it so I open and there was WP central update! What a surprise I didn't know it showed notices.

craigy18181

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
This is something that has improved on my phone somehow, used to have an issue early on but now at least a few times a week usually once I connect to wifi after work my marketplace app always shows how many updates I have.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
For me this is how I solved the issue. I know that the store checks for updates periodically and if I don't have a data connection on at that time it will wait for the next time the data is on at that time. I waited until I knew I had an update for one of my apps, then left my data connection on for a whole day and night. I kept checking to see if there was an update and for my phone it was between 4 and 5 that it updated the tile. From then on I've kept the data connection on at that time, because it was the only type of connection that didn't turn off when the screen was off ... WiFi might work for you, but using this method I have never since missed an update.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
The marketplace/store has had issues yesterday and today with several different errors being present wehn trying to buy/update so I would suspect that notifications might be an issue as well. I had quite a few updates show up over the weekend and had no problem with the 3.4 update for WPCentral. I think it was probably sever updates over the weekend. Sorry to hear of ypour issues hopefully they will get cleared up soon.

SaucePolicy

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think there should be a simple "My Apps" page in the store that you can visit and view all your apps. This would give easy access to updates as well as leaving ratings and reviews. I don't know about you guys, but when I want to leave an app review, I have to search for the app again unless there's a link from within the app. There has to be a better way.

retyler

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I just received a notice on my Store tile letting me know I have 17 apps with updates including the Nokia ones. I kept reading on Windows Phone Central (WPC) about all these updates for apps I have, but I tile would not "notify" me by placing a number on the tile; so I refrained from seeking out the updates and decided to see how long it took for the app to finally let me know. It took just over two weeks.

I really like the Windows Phone 8 (WP8), but Microsoft has a lot to do to bring the quality of their phone OS up. While I am not going to give mine up I can not in good consience advise people to purchase one.

jin8k

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok. I did hard reset (from settings) and then when the phone was bricked, I followed the instruction to restore the OS. Now app update works very well!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo