N64 Emulators for WP8?

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking around the wp store for emulators, only found SNES, NES, GBC, Sega Mastersystem, GameGear, C8... Are there any N64 emulators for WP that I can sideload to my dev unlocked phone, or any news on one being developed for WP8?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'd keep an eye on XDA but, I watch it and saw nothing for N64 YET. I really hope the same guy who does vNESpro does a n64 app. I helped bug test that app and added some images (my name is in the credits), it's really well designed and works perfect on Wp8. The Dev kit is still pretty new so it just might need some time but, I do know emulating the N64 is tricky due to custom chipsets but, I know it has been done before so, it should be possable with WP8

I might ping him on twitter to see if he will.

Rory Boyes

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
any news on a n64 emulator in the making ? the only reason i'm regretting buying a windows phone! majoras mask on the bus? this needs to happen!!??

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Was this thread censored? I'm kinda disappointed that we lack emulators that can be enjoyed on competing mobile OS's.

It was. We hear a lot from newer users that they love this forum because of how helpful and positive it is. We try to keep it that way!

And I agree it would be nice to have! I think it will happen in time, esp. as higher specs on WP8 phones are allowed.

EchoRedux

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I think that guy had a legitimate reason to be disappointed since android offers something that's kinda cool that we're missing out on. I do agree that this should be a happy and supportive community, but I am seeing a lot of blind fanboyism recently and I think that can be a problem as it might mislead people into getting a device they might not be happy with. I love Windows Phone and love my 1020 over the HTC One that I almost bought, but there are clear shortcomings that might be material in the decision making of others. Sorry to backseat mod but that's just what I believe.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I think that guy had a legitimate reason to be disappointed since android offers something that's kinda cool that we're missing out on. I do agree that this should be a happy and supportive community, but I am seeing a lot of blind fanboyism recently and I think that can be a problem as it might mislead people into getting a device they might not be happy with. I love Windows Phone and love my 1020 over the HTC One that I almost bought, but there are clear shortcomings that might be material in the decision making of others. Sorry to backseat mod but that's just what I believe.

And we believe people have a right to complain here as well! You will find tons of threads regarding what people wish WP8 included. The Mods and Ambassadors just ask that it is done respectfully, not cussing.

marcx987

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

I like putting in my two cents for posts such as these. People do have the right to complain but just like ever other mobile os that has come out. it takes time to perfect. Android/IOS have come a long way since there beginning days. and so has wp8. But in hindsight most people have forgotten about windows ce/ mobile 6.1/6.5 which were good for there time had all the features people have complained about, had the emulators, etc. (loved playing psx games on my omnia.) Windows Phone is a different architecture and it shall be better. More and more app are being developed for all 3 instead of just android and ios

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb