Windows Phone Notification Light Concept

sdrawkcabII

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Before I go any further, know that this is not my idea. I was on The Verge's Microsoft Tribe and came upon this post by the user, KingDingDan:
Windows Phone notification light concept. | The Verge Forums

In short, it is an idea for LED notifications (when the new Notification Hub is implemented), where the LED light behind the Windows logo on the front of all WP devices glows and dimmers slowly indicating you have a new notification. The LED notification can be disabled.

One of the really cool things about this idea is, it doesn't require additional hardware changes to present devices, or new devices. It works with the LED light already built into WP8 devices.

An example of how it will look:

If you like this idea and would like to see it implemented into WP8 devices, please go the link below and vote for it on Windows Uservoice:
webOS style notification light

What do you guys think?

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Already voted to that, but in the case of my phone, the 8X, I'd love to see that charging red LED at the top blink when I get a notification, something like we see on blackberry devices.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

moegumby

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Ditto on the red, green charging light. One of the things I loved about Blackberry. Make it blink.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

SaucePolicy

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This would be awesome. Plus 2 votes. I don't think there's any way right now to know if you have a missed call or text message without actually pressing the sleep button.

jcagga

Banned
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Already voted to that, but in the case of my phone, the 8X, I'd love to see that charging red LED at the top blink when I get a notification, something like we see on blackberry devices.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

I already sent this matter to HTC via email and one of the reps said he/she sent my idea to the HTC HQ for future update. Maybe you should too!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre