How to bookmark an app in the Store?

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to bookmark an app while you're browsing the Store? Because sometimes when I browse the Store using the cellular network, I will find some interesting app, but the signal is not stable enough to download. In that case, I would like to bookmark it, then when I reached home, I can download it through Wifi.

Another thing is I think there is no proper standard in the Details of an app. Such as: When you click an app on the Store, it will list down what it does. But when there is an update, some of the app won't list down the change log.
At least, they should make a proper header, like:
- Description
- Change log or What's New
- etc.

It will be easier to read.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
As of right now there is no way to bookmark an app. It's a pain, but you could open a One Note document and add the apps you want to it.

It is also not mandatory for developers (even Microsoft) to include a Change Log. It would be nice though.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
The easiest way is just to click and download it. Even if the connection is broken the app is saved under a downloads section. So in essence, that's the way to bookmark it. The best thing about it is when you get a connection, every time (between broken ones) they automatically resume downloading.

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
As of right now there is no way to bookmark an app. It's a pain, but you could open a One Note document and add the apps you want to it.

It is also not mandatory for developers (even Microsoft) to include a Change Log. It would be nice though.

True, if Microsoft can put a guideline for the developers. It will be much easier for us to see. Like how Android does it.

The easiest way is just to click and download it. Even if the connection is broken the app is saved under a downloads section. So in essence, that's the way to bookmark it. The best thing about it is when you get a connection, every time (between broken ones) they automatically resume downloading.

I tried it, but it will resume the download from the beginning, instead of where it left off. This happen if I downloaded it first through Cellular, and then switch to Wifi at home.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine does resume from last position. Don't know if its because i started and ended with the same connection (WiFi) or is it a time thing. But it definitely resumed from the half downloaded game i tested.

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Mine does resume from last position. Don't know if its because i started and ended with the same connection (WiFi) or is it a time thing. But it definitely resumed from the half downloaded game i tested.

I think it must because you started and ended with the same connection. Gonna give it a try later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6