What app you are using for twitter?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
My three favorites are

Rowi
pro- good list management (you can pin a list pivot in the app)
con- inline image is a small thumbnail

Mehdoh
pro -great list management (you can pin a list pivot in the app, you can add/remove users to lists)
cons- inline image is a wide-screen 1/3 preview; does not remember your place in the timeline when you fill in missing tweets (after initial refresh)

Twabbit
pro- full screen inline images
con- no pinning of lists to an in-app pivot

All three load very quickly, are very smooth, remember your place in the timeline when you refresh, and have quick-resume enabled. As for notifications, I just use the me tile and email notification for mentions, etc.

I would highly recommend any (or all) of them.

SonOfJewel

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
What twitter app actually supports push notifications for lock screen?
Not toast notifications but push. I emailed twabbit and they said it will b a while till they get push notifications on the app

So nobody knows hu.

Last edited:

BartMiller

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
A few questions about these apps:

(1) Where are "Favorites" located in Twabbit? I can't find them anywhere

(2) OCell is good but it seems to not actually save my "Favorites" quite a bit. When I go look for what I favorited on a different app I've noticed that several are missing.

(3) Rowi - never been able to get logged-in to this app

(4) Twitter official app - if you click on a link that opens in IE, when you attempt to go back to Twitter it may close the Twitter app also. It's really annoying if you've scrolled thru several pages of tweets and have to figure out how to get back to where you were last.

Last edited:

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Not a huge fan of Twitter. I use it mainly to follow some people of interest and nothing else (also because Twitter isn't big in my country). For that purpose, the official app meets my demands... But I must say I think it is an awesome app and makes me want to use it more extensively at times.

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have used most, if not all, of them. My daily one now and for the last several months is Gleek. I like it's layout, speed and dark theme. As an amateur Twitter user, between it and the built in functionality of my WP8 everything I need is covered.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been beta testing the new version of Tweet It! and it's really pretty amazing. The new version has been published, and should be on the store in a day or so. Give it a shot!

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Shoutout for MeTweets. Favorite things:

Supports iconic live tile (like Messaging, Email, etc)
Can change icon color
Awesome image preview
Double-tap tweet to head to any imbedded links

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb