Planning to get one, can I sync contact with Gmail now?

DarcMobile

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi I'm planning to get HTC 8S because it is so pretty and the specs is enough for me.

A few months ago I heard Google will discontinue the sync support starting 30 Jan 2012, but current user can still use it.
Is that time limit true?

If I order now, I will receive it mid-Feb. Can I still use Google sync?

Thank You

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
That time limit is true. However IMAP email will work for live mail and the rumor mill has it that Microsoft have an update coming that adds DAV support for the calendar and contacts too.

There are work arounds even if that fails to arrive though - apps in the store to do the Sync.

I would be surprised if a solution didn't show quickly though.

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi I'm planning to get HTC 8S because it is so pretty and the specs is enough for me.

A few months ago I heard Google will discontinue the sync support starting 30 Jan 2012, but current user can still use it.
Is that time limit true?

If I order now, I will receive it mid-Feb. Can I still use Google sync?

Thank You

Hiya,

IMAP sync will take care of email. For contact and calendar sync, WP8 does not yet support CalDAV and CardDAV, but MS is said to be working on a fix for this. Currently, this is one of two factors delaying my purchase of a 920 (the other being whatever new hotness comes out at MWC).

DarcMobile

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hiya,

IMAP sync will take care of email. For contact and calendar sync, WP8 does not yet support CalDAV and CardDAV, but MS is said to be working on a fix for this. Currently, this is one of two factors delaying my purchase of a 920 (the other being whatever new hotness comes out at MWC).

Thanks, I will also delay the purchase until it got proper CardDAV and Notification Center

Thanks for the reply, I decided to just hold off for the purchase

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, google is only discontinuing new accounts from using sync, accounts already configured using Gmail EAS support will remain supported after the 30th

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Well, google is only discontinuing new accounts from using sync, accounts already configured using Gmail EAS support will remain supported after the 30th

I think they are discontinuing device accounts for new devices. If a user already has an account and a device being synced, it should still work. Of course, when they get a new or replacement, that will be a problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786