Gmail not syncing on WP8

Toezilla

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys. I'm having a gmail issue on my HTC 8x that I can't seem to resolve so I'm hoping one of you really tech savvy people might have a fix.

I use both Hotmail and Gmail. I'm slowly phasing gmail out but at this point still require it for a few things. I have both of my accounts added to my phone and the gmail account seemed to work ok for the first week or so that I had the phone. Now it will not sync correctly. Every time I try to sync my gmail on my WP8 I get a message saying "Google account info is incorrect. Update your account info for smtp.gmail.com:465:1"

So I then enter my info and as soon as I save the info the same screen pops up again. I know I am entering the correct info. I believe this problem is related directly to the smtp gmail server, but I really don't know enough about it to correct the problem. Is there a way I can change the way my account syncs so that it doesn't use smtp at all, but another kind of server?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Google has dropped support for gmail on windowsphones, including all of their services that were all intertwined in one service they recently shut down. You can find apps to do it for you, and Microsoft is currently working on a work-around.

CoZmicShReddeR

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I added my gmail when I bought my Nokia Lumia 920 phone on release day and it's still working like a charm didn't have to edit or add anything extra not sure if I will be effected but I am not in a hurry to move or leave it unless Google completely drops it! I have been slowly migrating to outlook.com but still use Android devices so for me I'll probably use alternative methods rather then being completely switched over to oulook

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Toezila, log on to your Gmail from a computer, you may have locked yourself out and need to change your password. This happened to me a couple of weeks back.
Sent from my Lumia 820 using Board Express

Toezilla

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies everyone. I seem to have found a fix. I ended up simply removing the gmail account from my phone and then re-adding it and it is now working.

iainmann

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Google is supporting ActiveSync until January 31. After that you won't be able to sync Windows Phones with your Google Calendar and Contacts, but you will still be able to sync Google Mail. Users who've already got Calendar and Contacts sync set up will continue to be able to sync. But if you reset your phone...or get a new one...you're buggered for Google Contacts and Calendar syncing.
IJSMblog: Windows Phone news and apps: Microsoft "pleads with Google to delay contacts and calendar sync cut-off"

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Google is supporting ActiveSync until January 31. After that you won't be able to sync Windows Phones with your Google Calendar and Contacts, but you will still be able to sync Google Mail. Users who've already got Calendar and Contacts sync set up will continue to be able to sync. But if you reset your phone...or get a new one...you're buggered for Google Contacts and Calendar syncing.
IJSMblog: Windows Phone news and apps: Microsoft "pleads with Google to delay contacts and calendar sync cut-off"
I thought it originally was the 1st. Anyways. If you're already connected they won't cut you off so connect now.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

mxb54587

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I just got a lumia 920 yesterday, im very much an active gmail user (luckily I use my work email for my calender and contacts which is outlook) but I still need to be able to access my gmail account. How do I set it up. I have been trying via add accounts, then selecting google, it keeps saying my password is incorrect but I know its not because its working on my G note 2 and my computer.

nareshseo

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello!!! I had the same problem after receiving a mail from known address, which was possible a spam or Phishing kind of email. Just before I opened that mail everything was fine. But I tried the same as listed in this forum, by removing my account in Nokia Lumia 820 and then adding back. Its working fine.

subodh gadre

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I had purchased Nokia Lumia 520 (Windows Phone 8). Gmail is not working correctly. But, I manually set up Gmail account. Just follow the setting, and I think gmail should work on your HTC Phone.
Settings for Gmail using IMAP:
email address: abc123@gmail.com
Your Name: abc123 (or you want)
Incoming mail server: imap.gmail.com:993
username: abc123@gmail.com
Password: your password
outgoing mail server: smtp.gmail.com:465
Outgoing server requires authentication - Checked
Use the same username and password for sending email - checked
Require SSL for incoming mail - Checked
Require SSL for Outgoing mail - Checked

Settings for Gmail using POP3:
Incoming mail server: pop.gmail.com:995

These settings successful works on my Lumia.

kaylaswing

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I had purchased Nokia Lumia 520 (Windows Phone 8). Gmail is not working correctly. But, I manually set up Gmail account. Just follow the setting, and I think gmail should work on your HTC Phone.
Settings for Gmail using IMAP:
Incoming mail server: imap.gmail.com:993

Settings for Gmail using POP3:
Incoming mail server: pop.gmail.com:995

These settings successful works on my Lumia.

thank you so much i have looking everywhere trying all kinds of different things. thanks again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss