Any 7.8 news for Orange / EE Uk?

Mr osi

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

Has anyone heard news of whether Orange / EE UK will be rolling out the 7.8 update this month? I have tweeted them but haven't had a reply.

Cheers.

SparkyDave

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I updated my Lumia 610 to 7.8 this morning via Nokia Care Suite, as Zune was telling me there was no update. A little bit of "Googling" proved them wrong.

The official update is available on the Nokia Care servers. I think the update does improve the handset considerably IMHO.

Retro_uk

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I did the Zune trick to update my 710 and its all working fine. I sent T Mobile a tweet and they replied saying they had no information about the update at all.

SparkyDave

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I tried the Zune trick many times, to no avail. In the end I only used Nokia Care Suite 5 to check if the update was available, download and install it. It also appears to have the function of reflashing a bricked phone. Took about 20 minutes in all.

The only issue I had was forgetting to manually install the included Fuse drivers so that it would recognise the handset. Oh, and I temporarily disabled my antivirus / firewall in case it diddnt like what I was downloading onto my pc.

@Feralised: I'm pretty sure the update is on the Nokia system even if it isnt on Zune. I think I can see it for the RM-801 & RM819. It is product-code dependant but EE / T Mob & Orange UK variants are listed.

Last edited:

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I tried the Zune trick many times, to no avail. In the end I only used Nokia Care Suite 5 to check if the update was available, download and install it. It also appears to have the function of reflashing a bricked phone. Took about 20 minutes in all.

The only issue I had was forgetting to manually install the included Fuse drivers so that it would recognise the handset. Oh, and I temporarily disabled my antivirus / firewall in case it diddnt like what I was downloading onto my pc.

@Feralised: I'm pretty sure the update is on the Nokia system even if it isnt on Zune. I think I can see it for the RM-801 & RM819. It is product-code dependant but EE / T Mob & Orange UK variants are listed.

Was the lumia800 released on EE in the uk? Also, does anyone know if the service number for EE is universal. Is it 150 for every region? I need to flash a non carrier branded 900 with a tmob/ orange image. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

dominicx6248

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
hi
i have a nokia lumia 710 and i have heard that everybody with 800s and 610s getting the 7.8 update but they seem to have singled out the 710 to not have it
but i dont know if EE has accepted the 7.8 update or not

can anybody who has any news please reply

thank you

SparkyDave

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
hi
i have a nokia lumia 710 and i have heard that everybody with 800s and 610s getting the 7.8 update but they seem to have singled out the 710 to not have it
but i dont know if EE has accepted the 7.8 update or not

can anybody who has any news please reply

thank you

If yours is the RM-803 version it is on the Nokia servers for both Orange and T-Mob and can be done via Care Suite. Version number is 1600.3036.8858.12460

If you use NCS to connect your phone, scan it and it will tell you automatically is there is a newer version available from their servers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo