Media player/MP3 player

Pal Gyomai

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 822 Windows Phone 8. I like the phone, but not crazy about the music player app. The main problem is that some of the songs don't show up on the phone. I formatted the micro SD card in the phone, then transferred music to it. When I opened a the Nokia music player app, some of the songs don't appear in the albums or in the artists' list even though the artists are there. Some albums seem to be missing more than half the songs. Just to test it, I put the SD card in my Android phone (not using it as a phone anymore) and started the Mixzing player. Voila, all the music is there. I wish the Mixzing player was available on the Windows Phone 8 platform.
Any idea, anyone?

Thanks

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
My money is on the codecs.

WP8 (like WP7, iOS, and default Android) has a fairly limited set of music codecs.

If you pick a random tune that isn't showing up, let us know what format it is in.

bikkhu

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I hve heaps of problems with media player on win phone8 as well, it is even worse than MP on PC. It forget mp3 when I run some other app or close phone or forget position. I listen mainly to books and it renders it unusable.It's crap

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon