[WP7.8] Market Place crashing with Error 80070057

johnporter29

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Updated my Lumia 800 to Windows Phone 7.8 last night. Made me love my phone more than ever :)

Unfortunately, I have a small issue, luckily not a show stopper. When I looking at applications in the Market Place and swipe to the 'Related Details' screen I get a MarketPlace error message. Anyone else experiencing this?

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Have you lot all installed the marketplace refresh update? Or is there any warning once you open marketplace saying attention in faded writing on marketplace?

Refresh Marketplace | Windows Phone

Best way to install this update is to scan the barcode on the link and do it that way, otherwise follow the instructions on the page which says to use Zune.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if it is a regional bug that is affecting some countries. I am in US on AT&T and installed 7.8 on my Lumia 900 yesterday. I have not gotten any errors.

I would suggest waiting to see if it resolves itself prior to installing the Refresh Marketplace app, since the app has gotten bad reviews and people have posted that it didn't work.

I've noticed that there have been times in the past where Marketplace was not working in US but worked fine in Europe, so maybe it is down in certain regions/countries now. It has usually returned to normal in a day or less.

winphoneaddict

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Same for me with Lumia 900 on Rogers. Seems to be a universal thing for everyone after the 7.8 update. Other than that though, I am not having one other issue.

johnporter29

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Well looks like a few are experiencing this then, however, I am pleased to say that the restarting the phone with the charger plugged has solved the issue for me. Thanks to all who helped here.

MadGaffler

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
The charger trick seems to have solved the error prob but now new and top don't have any results, looks like something else is going on

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon