How do I seperate my wifes and my contacts/calendar on our Lumia 900s?

IceDigger

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Both me and my wife have lumia 900s and the same microsoft login so we can share the zune account.

The big problem is her calendar and contacts come up on my phone and vice versa.

I use my phone for both business and home.

Is there any way to seperate them without loosing all our purchased apps and zune account?

TitanChandu

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem, the only way we solved it was by removing all the contacts and calendar information from the main ID account and using other private live accounts for the contacts and calendars.
Although this ensures that you will have problems with the facebook chat integration as it is goes through the main live account, so only one facebook account can be integrated with each live id!!! I never found any way to fix this problem.
hope this helps.

chandu

Pra59

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar problem. My wife has had an HTC Windows phone for about 2 years. I just purchased a Lumina 520. All of my contacts and calender entries transfered over to her phone when I signed on to my Windows live account. How do I reverse/stop this? It even deleted some of her contacts. Frustrated!

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Both me and my wife have lumia 900s and the same microsoft login so we can share the zune account.

The big problem is her calendar and contacts come up on my phone and vice versa.

I use my phone for both business and home.

Is there any way to seperate them without loosing all our purchased apps and zune account?

I'm pretty sure you can use the same Microsoft account on several devices to install the same purchased apps.....I know on Windows 8.1 you can install apps from a different account (as long as it is authorised) alongside the account associated to that machine; not sure if you can do this on Windows Phone 8, but in terms of Zune content music files should be sweet and I'd assume video/podcasts too as I'm pretty sure all content from Zune isn't copyright-protected.

Ideally you wouldn't have two people using the same account as calendars/contacts and everything would criss-cross, but I'm pretty sure as long as the account holder authorises it you can have apps and such on other people's devices, similar to on iOS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss