Telus - Lumia 800

anon(5340442)

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone on Telus (Canada) with a Lumia 800 get the 7.8 update without using the Zune trick? I tried doing the Zune trick last night but couldnt get it to work.

jakoky

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday i got very lucky and used the zune trick and updated my 800 ( i am on telus)....First few times i disconnected too fast, finally got it to work when i disconnected between 4 and 5 seconds). Had to do the disconnect 3 separate times to get the 3 updates, but it worked perfectly.. I am loving the 7.8. Good luck, i would definately try again, i am sure i tried at least 4-5 times before i got it to work the first time,and stupidly, the first time it worked i forgot to reconnect....it is definately all about timing, and can be very frustrating!

vinscg

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
for the trick wait about 3-4 seconds then unplug ethernet.... then wait for a response from zune it should appear on your phone and in zune about the update

mmc-dsm

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Got mine also by doing the disconnect trick. Had to do three updates. So far, I only get some kind of error while I go through the details/reviews/screenshots in the marketplace.

edv2009

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Telus definitely has it on their servers. My old Telus HTC Surround notified me it had an update, so I plugged it into Zune and within a half hour, it was sporting 7.8. Still waiting for my AT&T Lumia 900 tho...

cottrell

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Telus for some reason releases to particular phones in batches, can take over a month before some will get notified of the update. Letting carries decide on when /if ever to release updates that bring feature enchantments gives a bad end user experience.

anon(5340442)

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Here is the response from Nokia about the rollout since Telus claims to know nothing about it.
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Tahoma,sans-serif]20 day throttling period:[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma,sans-serif]
- Jan 30th-Feb 3rd: 25%
[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma,sans-serif]
- Feb 4th-Feb 17th: 50%
[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma,sans-serif]
- Feb 18th-> 100%
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone get the 7.8 update on Telus yet? (without doing the trick).

not possible, had an LG optimus 7 and the only way to get 7.8 is if you do the internet trick, where u press find updates on ur computer, and pull ur internet cable at a specific time, I did it rather fast on TELUS. It should work its on their servers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs