3 months later - WHERE ARE THE BIG APPS??

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm not saying be a blind ******. I'm not saying dedicate your life to one platform. But by all means, please move on to another if it bothers you this much. I mean seriously, I've been a member of this forum for YEARS and the top threads are all about complaining about what we don't have. Sure complaining about things that aren't working could be useful for us to try and work through, but this? THIS? It doesn't help anyone, and especially not the purpose of this forum. It's the main reason why I don't post here as much, even if I have an iP5. Trust me, I was frustrated about things like everyone else, but I also made the decision of moving on. Silently

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not saying be a blind ******. I'm not saying dedicate your life to one platform. But by all means, please move on to another if it bothers you this much. I mean seriously, I've been a member of this forum for YEARS and the top threads are all about complaining about what we don't have. Sure complaining about things that aren't working could be useful for us to try and work through, but this? THIS? It doesn't help anyone, and especially not the purpose of this forum. It's the main reason why I don't post here as much, even if I have an iP5. Trust me, I was frustrated about things like everyone else, but I also made the decision of moving on. Silently

The platform can't grow without someone pointing out the flaws, and fantastics. Then the weight is on the platform/devs and off the users.

Silence is golden.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Its going to make matters worse if that pics proves true and BB10 has Instigram out the gate. That will make WP/MS look like jokes and tick off alot of users.

chetan_merchant

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Reasons for lack of apps on WP platform are simple:
1. Microsoft lacks serious intent
2. Developers hate Microsoft

Why I say so?
Microsoft is busy with many things...Windows 8, tablets, phones many things..its loosing focus...why else then Nokia can come up with better apps than MS??

It looks like developers really hate MS...why else then despite growth in WP market, developers are still refusing to develop popular apps...MS has to do some serious trust building!!
Also refer to this link which hints at Instagram for BB10 and no news yet for WP8...what does this mean??
Dear Microsoft: Get off your lazy arse and get Instagram on WP (MS, do developers hate you?) #Rant : My Nokia Blog[/url][/URL]

MS has too seriously get their act together...am really hopeful about some positive news during Mobile World Congress...

Lack of news during the congress will be bad news for all windows phone users..
:angry:

nucmanchh

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I can find enough apps in the windows store to keep me happy. The one bug I have with Windows is finding a way to create a "playlist." I can use CloudMuzik and it works ok but I go to a gym with a weak WiFi signal. So I need a playlist on my phone but man what a chore! Any thoughts?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I Love Nokia, but WP is dead! Can't wait until Nokia cuts ties with Microsoft and teams with Android.

You have been officaly added to my "Troll" list... Lessen learned people, DO not Feed the trolls

Edit: can you believe I got a warning for pointing out a troll ?

Last edited:

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Too much money directed towards really bad ads and commercials. They need to look back at how they forced the Xbox into success. Money hats! $$$$. They took awhile but eventually they gave Square, Enix, Namco, all the big name Japanese developers enough money to hop on board. Sure they took awhile since all the Japanese developers were backing their own companies in Nintendo and Sony but the dollar prevails like it always does.

Giving Google money to keep the email alive until they find a fix was a good start. Now they just need to stop paying celebrities to do stupid my Windows Phone ads and start putting that money into hats for the top app developers. Worked for them once and this would be even easier because most of these developers are American and are not bias towards them like Square and Namco was.

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Not trolling, I really wanted to like and support WP, especially since they were teaming with Nokia. However, it seems that every thing that they could do wrong they did wrong, the two should share the blame equally. I just don't see how you can make mistake after mistake and be able to survive when you're starting with almost no market share.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb