Wife's new iPhone 5...Now 8X

Edward_g

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
It did give her time to check both phones out while relaxing at home for almost a week. No pressure or bias remarks from sales associates.
Of course the risk is having to pay the restocking fee which I did but it was ultimately worth it to me.
Price wasn't the issue. Having a phone that she was comfortable with and could enjoy was my only concern.

zorb58

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Though I don't have a significant other right now, my Mom of all people is VERY interested in the whole live tile concept. Too bad she has a netbook with horrendous screen resolution and therefore would not have been able to use metro. Hope to get her into a Windows Phone when her contract is up!

yetanotherguy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
both of us landed on the WP7 bandwagon thanks to a BoGo deal 2 years ago.... was happy with our devices, time to order... got myself a Lumia 920 black and knowing her love for pictures (casual not professional) placed an order for the Cyan 920 on Walmart for dear wifey.... suddenly she felt the need for all those missing apps that her friends use... canceled Walmart order (best thing :) ), asked her to pick between the iPhone5 or GS3..... her best friends use those.... was scared of dropping and breaking the iPhone5 and did not appreciate the GS3 camera... walked into AT&T store.... long story short (or maybe not), white 920 with a cheap-a$$ case (just in case).... too bad they didn't carry the Cyan one in store...

HansTWN

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
My wife has an iphone 4S and has no complaints --- she really isn't the type to be interested in technology. But I showed her some of the Lumia 920's camera tricks and now she thinks it is far better than her phone. The camera is something non-techies can really relate to.

Edward_g

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Update..eleven days later my wife is loving her 8x. She has even wowed a couple of her ios fan friends who just didn't consider any option as they followed the herd over the Apple cliff.
We are both enjoying our phones.
HTC 8x and Nokia 822. Living happily ever after.

Edward_g

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Two month update. Wife loves her 8x WP. She says from time to time
"I really love this phone"
I'm happy for her. I am doing fine with my Nokia 822.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Two month update. Wife loves her 8x WP. She says from time to time
"I really love this phone"
I'm happy for her. I am doing fine with my Nokia 822.

Awesome! If she waited longer, she could have got the 928 when it comes out the end of this month, but that would be torture. I'm glad she likes her 8X.

MDboyz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I guess I'm lucky, since my wife knows one rule in my house that there will be no Apple products. She is still using the HD7, but she likes my Nokia 920. She told me to give her my Nokia 920, when I upgrade to the next Nokia phone.

savantfool

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
My first smartphone was the 3G which I loved so much. But 6 months ago it was giving out, besides that it stopped getting Ios updates.
I knew a new phone had to be purchased.

I refused to buy a new iphone which has not changed much ever and pay 700 bucks for it (without contract since a contract makes no sense for me).
So I looked at Androids but hated the whole plattform. My sis loves it and says it serves her well.

I looked at apple devices again since I have a mac and Ipad. But I really didn't get happy with the 4s and then the 5.

Then I heard of the Nokia Lumias and read up on wp8. I loved the livetiles from moment 1.
In the end I got myself the black 820 based on the changeable cover and battery as well as micro SD slot.
Have not wished for another phone since then. Especially now that I have purchased the nice grey cover and I see the other colors
in my future. :amaze:

Edward_g

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Can you ask her what are two or three things that make her love it? I'm always curious how non-tech people react to tech gadgets and what things stand out most.
She likes having what she wants to see on her tiles (live or not).
Camera.
Great screen.
Nice feel and size.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
That's really great info -- thanks. The final three are all hardware related, suggesting (at least in your wife's case) that there is room for the handset manufacturers to differentiate themselves without needing to go into the depths of the OS to make changes. Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro