Banned From Xbox Live = Banned From Xbox Music

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I never read anything about this and was very frustrated when I found out, so I'm posting this to inform those who don't know.

I was banned for 2 weeks from Xbox Live because my friend changed my bio to something inappropriate without me knowing. As soon as I got banned, I found out I could no longer stream or download music from Xbox Music. Instead of explaining why I couldn't use Xbox Music, my phone would just give me an ugly error code. As soon as I was able to use Xbox Live again, the error codes went away and everything was normal.

I can't imagine users will be happy when they learn about this. You can get banned from Xbox for the smallest infractions, like using swear words in your profile. I honestly don't understand why they even let you put the words to begin with... this is just wrong.

Let me know if this is the first time you are learning about this

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Oops.... Hope they also ban people from outlook.com and access to office subscriptions.... Especially if you are a paid customer of Xbox music and office - this will just make sure all the loyal Microsoft fans have a chance to be screwed

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, to be honest I've never even heard of this happening. Not a good move for Microsoft.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Oops.... Hope they also ban people from outlook.com and access to office subscriptions.... Especially if you are a paid customer of Xbox music and office - this will just make sure all the loyal Microsoft fans have a chance to be screwed

Yeah people who get banned for a month or longer surely won't be happy. $9.99 for Xbox Live wasted. $9.99 for Xbox Music Pass wasted.

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I guess I don't really understand how anyone can be shocked by any of this. It's all shared back end infrastructure and the same identity.

Don't get banned. :grin:

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I guess I don't really understand how anyone can be shocked by any of this. It's all shared back end infrastructure and the same identity.

Don't get banned. :grin:

While I understand why one could assume this might happen, it was never mentioned at all and is something that should be made clear. Also, XBOX Live is a service that is commonly shared, whether you share an account with family, or simply let your friends play your xbox when they are over your house.

Since they are billed as two different services, they should be treated as two different services, in my opinion.

I completely understand where you are coming from, but there's a lot more complexity with the relationship between the services.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs