Volume keys non-functional, any software substitute?

yetanotherguy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have an older WP7 device lying around and am thinking of passing this on to a family member. Unfortunately, the volume rocker no longer works. I can only toggle between silent, vibrate and ringer modes through setting but cannot decrease/increase the volume. Otherwise the phone is in top shape. Being an older device, I do not want to really spend money on repairing it. So, is there any app or setting that will allow me to control the volume? Searched the marketplace and bazaar, found nothing. Just wondering if anyone else knows some app that I may not have found.

By the way, this is interop unlocked device. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
What did you search for in Bazaar? I searched for "volume" and found 2 apps, VolumeSlider and Device Volume, that should do what you want.

yetanotherguy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have had to reset this device to make it usable for another family member. The volume app that I used is no longer available because Bazaar is not connecting any more :( .... any one has XAP (developer unlocked device), or any store apps that can control the volume of the phone? I know this is an old phone, but this will be useful to get one of my family members started on the WP thing.... and I can buy them a more recent device if they are successful in using it (first smartphone experience).... any help is appreciated

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720