Skulls of the Shogun may be biggest battery drain yet

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
My 8x typically gets pretty good battery life. Well, unless I play one of two Xbox Games. The first big battery drain I picked up was Wordament. It drained my battery exponentially faster than any other app on my phone - until I picked up Skulls of the Shogun. I first want to say that I LOVE this game. Unfortunately, it is nearly unplayable on my phone unless plugged in. This game drains my battery over 1 percent per MINUTE! If I plug in, the phone gets EXTREMELY hot. This is the only app that my phone heats up on.

Anyone else having this problem with this game?

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Well, the graphics are pretty amazing, so your GPU has to push a bit, not to mention your screen staying on in and of itself is a HUGE battery drain. So, you know, this should be expected, as it is the same on any other phone/tablet running a graphics intensive game. (And yes, I too have this problem, but I was expecting it).

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, the graphics are pretty amazing, so your GPU has to push a bit, not to mention your screen staying on in and of itself is a HUGE battery drain. So, you know, this should be expected, as it is the same on any other phone/tablet running a graphics intensive game. (And yes, I too have this problem, but I was expecting it).

Just as an example, I just played through ONE level. My phone dropped from 98% to 13%. That's too much battery use for the game to really be a playable mobile app.

josh_feinberg

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Yep. I too love the game but I played one level earlier (about 15 minutes of gameplay) and lost about 12-15% off battery. And my Lumia 920 was the hottest I've ever felt it. And it's well documented how some apps can cause it to run hot. This was almost "I can't hold my phone anymore" hot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa