Sync Outlook 2013 w/ WP8?? Help!!

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
So I have a work email that comes through a POP server. No exchange server for us :/ Anyway I need to sync my local Outlook 2013 calendar with my live.com account. First I tried publishing my local calendar and subscribing to it from live.com calendar. This worked ok but it would take 24-48hrs to update, unacceptable. So then I was reading that the Hotmail connector is built into Office 2013. So I tried the method of copying your local calendar to your live.com folder. I did this and it's showing but nothing has been uploaded to my live.com email address :/ Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I'm running Outlook 2013 on Windows 8 and have a Nokia Lumia 920.
Thank you again.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Try linking your work email with your hotmail/outlook email address. This way you would at least get email, POP3 doesn't support sync of calendar and contacts.

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting my email just fine. I'm aware POP doesn't support Calendar and Contacts. That's why I use the calendar and contacts stored locally on my laptop. My issue is with the syncing of that local calendar to live.com. This was previously done though Hotmail connector. Hotmail connector is supposed to be built into Office 2013 but I can't seem to get my local calendar to sync with live.com.
Any help would be appreciated.

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. That is how I have my live.com address synced and all it working well with that. I think I'll have to get some screen shots together to explain the issue. The next thing I'm going to try will be to connect everything directly through live.com

Bob Biegon

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Akruto.com makes a product that allows sync of Calendar and Contacts, but not messages. It's called Akruto Sync and it works well for my needs (to replace Palm Desktop) as a consultant that records my billable time while on the road.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
pop3? what year is this? hehehe. any email should support at least imap so you can connect the phone directly to email and sync calendars and contacts.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes