What Apps do you Use?

mstrblueskys

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

I just picked up my VivoTab RT and there's not a lot of talk about apps in RT. I'm feeling silly trying to sift through the garbage to get to good, useful apps. Does anyone have any suggestions for apps? What are your favorite apps? What do you use your RT tablet for?

Thanks

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Amazon
Ebay

Theres a lot of base apps from developers who create on many OS's check those ones out first.

mstrblueskys

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Amazon
Ebay

Theres a lot of base apps from developers who create on many OS's check those ones out first.

Ah! Wikipedia! Thank you. I also installed Netflix and Hulu and love it. I switched over from an Android tablet, which wasn't awesome, but had more apps than you could know what to do with.

revisionzero

May 30, 2012
Visit site

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Rowi - my fav twitter app
AppyGeek - Great gadget news from all.
WindowsPhoneCentral - My most used app lol.
Counters - Nokia app that counts data usage, text & minutes.
Thumba - Great picture editing app.
Lomogram - Fantastic Instagram type app.
TuneIn - Superb radio app if you love music.
Blueprints - Tumblr app works great neat app.
Evernote - great for leaving notes etc.
Metrotube - Better than youtubes official WP app.
WhatsApp - great free messaging service.

Hope some of these come of use ;)

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
National Rail app is good if you ever wanted to check out if the UK trains are delayed or cancelled :). On top of that I use:
NextGen RSS Reader
MetroPass for password security
Kindle for reading on the go
Microsoft Solitaire Collection
Microsoft Mahjong
TVCatchup
4OD
Onenote (I take photos of the text in a book in my phone, insert the pic into Onenote and then let it sync so I can view it later on the Surface).

msdugn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Didn't this thread already exist? http://forums.windowscentral.com/surface-windows-rt/212779-good-apps-surface.html#post1858947

Lots of great ones there. For me it's,

Armed! - crisp tower defense game (available on WP8 too). Play against computer or remotely against others.
DragonBox+ - super entertaining game for kids and adults that secretly teaches them algebra (seriously the best learning game I've ever seen)
Fitbit - to view your fitbit steps and sleep activity
Skype - great, updated version of the Skype client (the Win8/RT version is the best)
CascadeSkier - Ski resort conditions for those in the Pacific Northwest United States
Pulse - newsreader I use along with Discourse and News Bento
mobile.HD - view MKV files natively, either locally or streaming from a local network. Works with Music too!
Music Info - Best UI around and the absolute best music player I've seen for Win8/RT
gMaps Pro - Mapping and directions - including Google Latitude to view locations of friends sharing via Latitude

inorde

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Rowi - my fav twitter app
AppyGeek - Great gadget news from all.
WindowsPhoneCentral - My most used app lol.
Counters - Nokia app that counts data usage, text & minutes.
Thumba - Great picture editing app.
Lomogram - Fantastic Instagram type app.
TuneIn - Superb radio app if you love music.
Blueprints - Tumblr app works great neat app.
Evernote - great for leaving notes etc.
Metrotube - Better than youtubes official WP app.
WhatsApp - great free messaging service.

Hope some of these come of use ;)
I'm pretty sure these are Windows Phone Apps? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Reason is that I'm thinking about a Windows Tablet, but the Windows Store has me concerned. There is A LOT of crap in there, and even more crap pretending to be official Apps (pretty sure a lot of copyrights are being violated). I can't find most of these Apps in the Store, might be my region though.

I really rally want a Windows Tablet but I can't sell the choice for Windows to my wife if the Store's such a mess (not that I won't try). I have high hopes that the Store will improve though, and not just the Store contents, but also the search, which is pretty minimal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers