Windows 8 doesn't allow me to type!! serious bug after Feb patch Tuesday

ttxzee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
both of my computers now have a serious bug... this only happened after I installed the February patch Tuesday updates. after using the pc for a while Windows 8 stops responding to keyboard presses. it just makes a "click" sound and doesn't input any letters. here's what I mean:

Serious bug: Windows 8 doesn't allow me to type!!!! - YouTube

Do you also have this problem? I can't believe Microsoft didn't catch this problem.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I've never experienced this issue. It looks like you upgraded from previous version of Windows? Maybe a keyboard driver issue? If you have a BT keyboard, try setting it up and see if you have same results. Might look around for keyboard update to laptop. Just a WAG but that's where I would start. Other than that, maybe a corrupted file in update.

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem on an older Toshiba laptop. I have never experienced it in any of the installs (desktops or laptops). I tried installing windows 7 and 8 in it and the same thing happened. After some update, keyboard and mouse (almost always) will not work after restart.

System Restore before the update will fix the problem. Then I tried to install as many updates without having the problem. At the end, I disabled windows update (with 8 updates still available). I have read around that the problem is the February patch too but I couldn't really pin point it myself.

I tried to look around for workarounds. I disabled the driver signature enforcement as some people suggested but it didn't help. At the end I just left it with the updates disabled.

What you can do is to apply the system restore, hide the bad updates, and go on your business. You don't have to disable the update system entirely (which I did since I didn't want the keyboard to break on my friends who don't know how to fix it).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss