Multiple Google Calendars

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I just tried going to https://m.google.com/sync/settings/ from my WP8 phone and I was able to make all the changes just like I did in Chrome with my user agent set to iPhone4.

Perhaps Google has done a backflip and are now allowing WP8 users access to the sync settings directly again. When I tried this link a couple of months ago there was no option to select your Windows phone and enable sync. It simply provided links to information sites on how to enable sms notifications from you Google calendars on your phone. Hence the need to 'fool' the server with User Agent.

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps Google has done a backflip and are now allowing WP8 users access to the sync settings directly again. When I tried this link a couple of months ago there was no option to select your Windows phone and enable sync. It simply provided links to information sites on how to enable sms notifications from you Google calendars on your phone. Hence the need to 'fool' the server with User Agent.

You get that landing page with links if you just go to m.google.com/sync. Adding the https and settings is what got it for me.

Nursedad

May 27, 2013
Visit site
When trying on my lumia 620 it would redirect me to another site (the one you mention). However, there is a trick. If you use chrome on your computer, you can use an add-on (user-agent switcher). Then switch to iphone 4. Once you do that go to m.google.com/sync/settings/iconfig/ and you will be able to choose your devices and your calendars. The last step would be to disable javascript while you are at that website and change the word "false" to "true" in your url bar. Then select your calendar and do not forget to press save changes!

Thanks for this great top. Worked perfectly. Officially syncing all my shared calendars.

pma

May 28, 2013
Visit site
None of this works for me on my Lumia 928. Best I've been able to do is subscribe to my shared Google family calendar via Outlook so I can at least see the events, but it's all read-only. I'm unable to subscribe to my wife's calendar. Hoping for a fix in an upcoming update.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
None of this works for me on my Lumia 928. Best I've been able to do is subscribe to my shared Google family calendar via Outlook so I can at least see the events, but it's all read-only. I'm unable to subscribe to my wife's calendar. Hoping for a fix in an upcoming update.

I just got the Lumia 928, and I can go to the page, but it won't let subscribe to additional calendars! If my pick my Trophy (and old Trophy) it will let me select up to 25 calendars, but the WP8 one only allows 1 calendar. Anyone seeing something like that?

Last edited:

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Dang.. Just fired up the 928, and yeah.. I figured because I had all my Google calendars from my 822 that it would just auto come over... no dice.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Dang.. Just fired up the 928, and yeah.. I figured because I had all my Google calendars from my 822 that it would just auto come over... no dice.

Yeah, I might look into an alternate calendar app at this point. Some extended family members share their calendars via gmail, they won't be switching to Outlook. If you try to share your calendar on gmail via the public it tells it will be wide open to the world, I don't think any of them will leap at that option either. (This is all mostly coordinating work/school schedules and knowing who's available for 'whatever').

So Google said they would extend Activesync sign up until July 31st...but left out how they would cripple it. Not feeling the love towards them right now. :p

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

Try it again.. I JUST did the steps in this post http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/216471-multiple-google-calendars.html#post1892068 by going to m.google.com/sync/settings/iconfig and it worked perfectly.

1. Install the agent switcher and set it to iPhone4
2. Log into your Google account from Chrome
3. Go to m.google.com/sync/settings/iconfig and you should see your phone listed.. you can click on it and enable all the shared calendars you want.

Now, I'm guessing your Google account needs to have ActiveSync enabled and I don't know what the status of that is. Mine still does.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Did that...where it says "select 25 calendars" has been changed to just 1 calendar. Not a paid/govt/edu account, just a regular one. It is working via Activesync outside of the fact that there is apparently now a restriction? Is your account a paid one of some sort? My older phones still let me pick up to 25 calendars.

Frustrating because Google says support (getting a device signed up, really) is extended until July 31st. No mention of it being limited.
Hopefully Big Red gets GDR2 released rather expeditiously.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
No, it is just a normal lame old Gmail account.. I only use it because our City calendar is a Google calender, otherwise I'd be Google free. In my case the calendars I'm trying to view are read only public calendars....

Capture.JPG

Did that...where it says "select 25 calendars" has been changed to just 1 calendar. Not a paid/govt/edu account, just a regular one. It is working via Activesync outside of the fact that there is apparently now a restriction? Is your account a paid one of some sort? My older phones still let me pick up to 25 calendars.

Frustrating because Google says support (getting a device signed up, really) is extended until July 31st. No mention of it being limited.
Hopefully Big Red gets GDR2 released rather expeditiously.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I think you guys are trying it the old fashioned way using a separate browser. I just got my 928, opened up the browser on the phone, logged into my google account, and went to m.google.com/sync/settings/iconfig/. It presented me with a list of devices, the top choice being "WindowsPhone". I selected that and it said "select up to 25 calendars to sync to your device". I selected the six I use and clicked on the "Save" button. The calendars appeared after I went into Settings>email & accounts>Google Account and selected sync now.

Try just using the phone's browser.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Ha! That does work again. For a while there it didn't work. A lot easier then having to much with Chrome, that's for sure. Thanks for that.

I think you guys are trying it the old fashioned way using a separate browser. I just got my 928, opened up the browser on the phone, logged into my google account, and went to m.google.com/sync/settings/iconfig/. It presented me with a list of devices, the top choice being "WindowsPhone". I selected that and it said "select up to 25 calendars to sync to your device". I selected the six I use and clicked on the "Save" button. The calendars appeared after I went into Settings>email & accounts>Google Account and selected sync now.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
No, it is just a normal lame old Gmail account.. I only use it because our City calendar is a Google calender, otherwise I'd be Google free. In my case the calendars I'm trying to view are read only public calendars....

You can try to sidestep Google if you use the Google calendars as read-only. Just open the public Google calendar and on the left of the screen where the various calendars are listed, just click the down arrow that is to the right of the desired calendar name and choose "Calendar settings". Then, in the Calendar settings window, look for the Calendar Address section. It liosts three options: XML, iCal, and HTML. Click on the iCal button and a link will pop up with a URL. Copy the URL.

Then open up your Outlook.com calendar. Click on the "Import" button, and then "Subscribe". Copy in the Calendar URL, type in a name in the Calendar Name box, choose the color and charm you want associated with it and click the "Subcribe" box at the bottom. Now your Outlook.com calendar will pull the data on an ongoing basis from the Google calendar and add it to your other Oitlook.com calendars..

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Still no joy. The 2 older WP each allow up to 25 calendars, but the 928 is only 1. Will wait for the update (hopefully in July).

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Update: checked again, still the one calendar, but on a whim I disabled the other two settings (send as, delete), and saved. When I went back to it, there was still only one calendar BUT I was able to toggle the shared calendars.

SUCCESS (at least for my needs)!

PS did it from the 928 browser directly

pma

May 28, 2013
Visit site

Worked for me! And now I have the option to add events to whatever shared Google calendar that I've added. I checked my shared calendar on the laptop and it's there:) Thanks guys!

Vava Ovav

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
When setting up Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8 GDR2 with Amber) - on the Google Sync page (m.google.com/sync/settings/iconfig) the 1020 phone isn't showing up.. so there is no page to change settings.

As a result, on the 1020, only the main calendar is visible. Shared calendars are not available.

Has anyone seen this problem? :crying:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb