How can i disable the lock screen

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi all does anyone know how can i disable the lock screen ??

when im driving the phone is pluged in and i want my music to be on the screen, its very distracting having to keep uplocking the phone to skip a track or see whats next.
anyone have any ideas ????

lfjj

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
You don't have to unlock the phone to interact with the music player. If you don't see the menu popup on the top just press one of the volume buttons and it should appear.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
You don't have to unlock the phone to interact with the music player. If you don't see the menu popup on the top just press one of the volume buttons and it should appear
Thanks but as ill be driving i really only want to touch the phone once, also i like to see the next tracks that are going to play.
il have the phone on charge so i dont care about battery life.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey DJ? is nice but again its missing what im looking for, Yes i know im being very fussy but i had all this on my Nokia N8 and it worked really well for long car trips.

Hey DJ? doesnt disable lock screen & doesnt have a voice command for next track but it is still a very nice app

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Ok just been for a long drive and Hey DJ does exactly what i want,

it does disable the lock screen, it does display the coming tracks &it plays playlists. did cost $2.49 but its good.
so thanks for your replys & microsoft junkie you were spot on
cheers

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok just been for a long drive and Hey DJ does exactly what i want,

it does disable the lock screen, it does display the coming tracks &it plays playlists. did cost $2.49 but its good.
so thanks for your replys & microsoft junkie you were spot on
cheers

Glad you found what you needed. Enjoy!

ANNEDRUIDE

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
BUT STILL none of you here have answered the question: HOW DO YOU DISABLE THE LOCK SCREEN on a windows 8 phone?
You can do this on ANDROID and IOS so WHY NOT on a WIndows 8 Phone?!?! If I'm NOT using the LOCKSCREEN why do I have to keep seeing it every time I turn my phone on?! It's fricking RIDICULOUS! Smart aleck answers will be punished by severe sarcasm...you've been warned. :)

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Change the timeout to never under settings lock screen is only option. Some phones do not have this option some do. Gdr2/amber here

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
BUT STILL none of you here have answered the question: HOW DO YOU DISABLE THE LOCK SCREEN on a windows 8 phone?
You can do this on ANDROID and IOS so WHY NOT on a WIndows 8 Phone?!?! If I'm NOT using the LOCKSCREEN why do I have to keep seeing it every time I turn my phone on?! It's fricking RIDICULOUS! Smart aleck answers will be punished by severe sarcasm...you've been warned. :)
Since you asked nicely...

winwin1234

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Simply go to settings>lock+wallpaper and slide the Password bar to the left. If it is grayed out, most likely you have a security policy applied to yr phone. those come from Microsoft. I got mine applied when added outlook email and I can't find a way around it unless remove the outlook email box from phone.

Good luck and keep us posted if you crack this nut.
winwin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre