group text issue

Ludaman64

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nokia 920 and am having an issue with group text messages. I have group text enabled in settings.

The issue: One of my friends just got a new android and whenever he sends texts in group text situations it gives me a push notification that says media content in this message open to see; however, the message content is blank when the thread is opened. Others in the conversation see the messages.

Anyone seen this before?

If I find the model/carrier of his phone later I will post it.

Regards

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Does it happen if someone else sends the group text? Or just the one guy? Just spitballing trying to narrow things down.

arzoo

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I have experienced the exact same problem. My friend has a new Android OS phone (on Verizon) and when he responds to my 920 (on AT&T) via a group text, all I see is 'media content'. If I turn off the MMS group text option then I can get his messages.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I have experienced the exact same problem. My friend has a new Android OS phone (on Verizon) and when he responds to my 920 (on AT&T) via a group text, all I see is 'media content'. If I turn off the MMS group text option then I can get his messages.

Do you have only WiFi on when you get "media content"?

GMJeff

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
Don't mean to rehash an old thread, but my Lumia 920 on at&t just started doing this yesterday.

It is not a wifi issue because I use wifi at home constantly and never had an issue until now. I have had the phone since it was released.

Basically, I am involved in a group MMS that has 6 people in it. All of the others in the group have iphones of various make and os version.

When I receive a text message from someone in the group, it comes in as from that person, not in the group thread. It says in the message "media content in this message". Then when I click it, the message says "get media content now" and the size 1kb to 32kb.

I tap on the link and it does nothing except to repeat the message and alert me of a new message, giving me the same option.

But as I said earlier, it just started yesterday. I have rebooted my phone numerous times and no change.

It's not wrong to fondle the s pen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte