GTD - Getting Things Done - Your experience and the best setup..

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how many people out there have either heard of or use David Allen's GTD setup but I do and its turned me into a crazy efficient productive machine. Ive launched 2 companies and have time to do sooo much and never forget anything. Anyways, there are many different setups and this thread is about your experiences, the good and the bad in relation to a setup with Windows Phone 8.

Ive used RTM, Things, OmniFocus, Toodledo, Evernote etc and MAc/Android setups and finally settled, and so far extremely happy and no longer wasting time tinkering with the system described here:

GTD with Outlook 2010 and OneNote 2010 – Overview ? Dynamic IT | A Blog by Michael Wheatfill on Microsoft Technologies and Productivity

It really is a revelation, ANY webpage from IE can be 'sent' to my inbox in Onenote as can emails at the click of a button. Only wish that the same can be done using WP8.

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm pissed because I invented this same system in 2002, out of pure common sense. Most of it is pretty dumb / obvious (at least it is to me... maybe I'm a genius) ... just like most self help BS.

ANYWAY...

I have been using Toodledo.com, in conjunction with Viperal Tasks app on WP8. It is lacking in some spots, but it's cool. It's not half as great as "Ultimate ToDo List" for Android though. That's the only thing that would make me switch back to Android.

rexii23

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried 2day app? I'm using that right now with Exchange sync! Best UI out of all task apps. I use it to manage all my tasks and use onenote for a simple shopping list. Working very well for me right now. Forgot to add, I also use outlook 2013 for desktop task creation to my office 365 account.

Mostess

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm using 2Day app everyday, sync it with toodledo, I also contact the support and they told me that there are working on a new update for a better integration with GTD Method.
Anyway, I love using the voice commands from the home menu for adding my tasks quickly.

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Wow! just switched to 2Day form Viperal. They must have updated this app. It is magnificent now! I remember it used to be pretty bad. Bye bye Viperal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon