Samsung focus flash & Zune trick.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi I would like to know if anyone here has successfully updated their Samsung Omnia W to 7.8 using the Zune trick?
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Foroplex

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I heard that there is some success with that, however there is some kind of problem with access to the market place and downloads. Also some kind of bug with the app search in apps list. That could possibly drive me crazy.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I heard that there is some success with that, however there is some kind of problem with access to the market place and downloads. Also some kind of bug with the app search in apps list. That could possibly drive me crazy.

I haven't run into any problems described by others. I'm able to search download, and all tiles updated correctly. First time I heard of the "app search in apps list" bug. I haven't ran into any bugs.

Remember tho, you are able to revert back to original using Zune if you want to upgrade and see how it works for you.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah im kinda skeptical about it. Since I dont want to screw up this phone, even though I had the 78er tool on my PC for about a month. Out of curiosity how long did it take? Like an hour?

rhodri22

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah im kinda skeptical about it. Since I dont want to screw up this phone, even though I had the 78er tool on my PC for about a month. Out of curiosity how long did it take? Like an hour?

The longest part is the backup, the update itself only takes about 20 minutes.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
It the back up file one thing, as in i can upload it to my email or put on a flash drive or is it tied to either the tool or Zune? Also i guess there is some kind of option in Zune to roll it back. I also want to ask if you experience any of those language problems? Can i just choose English?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
It the back up file one thing, as in i can upload it to my email or put on a flash drive or is it tied to either the tool or Zune? Also i guess there is some kind of option in Zune to roll it back. I also want to ask if you experience any of those language problems? Can i just choose English?

Yes you are able to save/backup/copy that "backup" file. Search Bing for "wp7 Zune backup file location".

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I was talking about tgp. I saw both of your pictures, those are nice start screens. Making me jealous and making me want it. I just dont want to brick my phone, it was a gift.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I was talking about tgp. I saw both of your pictures, those are nice start screens. Making me jealous and making me want it. I just dont want to brick my phone, it was a gift.

I quoted "Search Bing" from the post. What I was saying is that I don't believe I've ever seen anyone use Bing like that instead of Google. Bing needs a few billion more like that...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos