How do you clear your now playing list?

KorJax

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Seriously this seems like a MASSIVE glaring oversight from the Zune line of devices

Is there really no way to clear out "now playing"?

I.E. I want to play a single song. Just that one song. However selecting the song in my list of songs, LOADS MY ENTIRE MUSIC LIBRARY into now playing. I can't get rid of it short of manually playing an album from the album view to force that to be the new "now playing" (this is bad news when most of the music you listen to isn't done via albums, but via single large mixes). But then I'm no longer playing my song!

So how do I load only ONE single song into "Now playing" and/or clear my now playing list? This is making playlist creation/management unbearable.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Is this what you want?
While playing a song touch the song title below the album art. If is is a single song you have one in now playing. If it is an album, you have the album in now playing

KorJax

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
No, I just want to be able to clear my now playing list so I can make a new one that only includes a single song or two. I can add songs to now playing, but it doesn't seem to have any option to let me clear this or remove now playing.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
By doing what I described your 'now playing' list is reset. If you do that with a single song the player stops when the song is finished.
If you seect another single without playing you can add it to 'now playing' with the three dots at the bottom.
You can't remove item from 'now playing'. Just reset it and start with the song you want.

KorJax

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
By doing what I described your 'now playing' list is reset. If you do that with a single song the player stops when the song is finished.
If you seect another single without playing you can add it to 'now playing' with the three dots at the bottom.
You can't remove item from 'now playing'. Just reset it and start with the song you want.

The problem is if I play a single song from the song list in xbox music, it loads everything in that list into now playing. So in my case, that's 900 tracks. If I go into album view to do it (which is cumbersome because a lot most of my music isn't associated by albums) then it loads the whole album/artist that is associated with it into now playing...

I.E. if I want to listen to a single apart of an album and I go to the album and "play" the song, it loads the whole album into now playing with no way to clear it

Soup_Dragon

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. The inability to clear the "Now playing" selection is a ridiculous oversight in design.

I wanted to create a playlist to contain a few of my favorite tunes while on the fly, but I find this task impossible without including the songs already listed within the Now Playing selection. An inexcusable design flaw considering Microsoft's experience with media software. Shame.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
It's not a design flaw, it's just the way it works. Play from the album list and you get a playlist from the songs in the album, whether it is one or fifteen songs. To add to the playlist select only from the album list.
If you are concerned about the length of the now playing list never select from the songs list.

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
It is confusing to get used to how the queuing of media works in WP8. This is because there are no buttons, and pressing on different elements of text produce different responses. Its one area where Metro is over simplified to the point of absurdity. I think the term was "cognitive burden".

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I think playing a video should reset it too, never cared enough to test, but it does stop the musical playback with no resume possible

dvsrydin

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Think I just figured this out.. might not be 100%. Anywho, select the song you want to have start off your "now playing" by selecting the icon for that song in the History list. The history list does not associate itself with the album it originates from, therefore just loads the one song. Then you can add single songs there after, and ultimately, save the playlist.

xmlsoap

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
that sure was a good clue - I was able to create a new clean playlist. But to clear the history - you can now get 'clear media history' from app store.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte