My Family?

Stalju

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the right thread but here goes...

Today I just got my Lumia 620 in the mail today from negrielectronics and after completing my settings, I tried to install some apps. However, a pop-up said "My Family setup needed" and "My Family must be set up before you can buy this item. Ask your parent to set up My Family settings on windowsphone.com" After I went to the website, nothing would show up on the My Family page. I have already reset my phone three times but nothing would change. I even created a new windows account. Do you guys know how to solve this problem or know what I did wrong?

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Somehow it's seeing the account you've logged in with as under 18. That's why it's asking for the My Family thing.

Stalju

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Well, I am under 18 and my parents are mostly tech illiterate.. I followed the instructions on the FAQ but the "Get started" button or hyperlink wasn't on the page.

youngsters

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
why I can't buy all app in market cuz system say "The My Family settings for ur acc prevent u fr0m downl0ading this item. ur parent can manage My family settings at windowsph0ne.com" help me please what can I do now :'(

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The only way is to set a parent account that covers your account. Then grant your account full access using the parent account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes