Groups, Bulk Text, Bulk SMS, Mass Txt - Windows Phone 8 Nokia 920 (AT&T)

Derek Pierce

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Let me start by saying that I am a fan of Microsoft and have been for some time now and thank you for getting involved with my thread!

The topic: I would like to discuss is a limitation that Microsoft decided to place on the "groups" feature located in the people hub...

What are Groups: Groups allow you to place people "contacts" in a group and communicate with them effectively without each member of the group being effected by each communication...

Applicable: Groups are used in business mainly, for example I could create a group called customers and place all of my customers and view their news feeds, send out bulk text messages or even email the entire group without any of the group members knowing that I sent out correspondence via a "group". Now lets put this in a non business setting! (This is how it is currently affecting me!) I have poker game at my house every week! I also send out about 200+ text messages the day of my poker game letting people know what I have going on! now that alone would require 8 different groups however I am having to add and remove people from my groups all the time so breaking it down becomes extremely difficult for a quick look up later.

Potential Solutions:
3rd party option - Their is an app in the store called "GMSG". This app will allow you to send out bulk messages to groups that are created in your Google account! (Realllllyyyy) The whole reason I chose the Windows 8 Phone was to simply things!!!!!

Regardless of the solution, my question still remains... Why wont Microsoft remove the 25 limit per group limitation?? Also does anyone know a way around this limitation???

rpm1984

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why this issue is being ignored when it is such a common issue and it makes windows phone 8 useless for a lot of business people.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon