I want a Galaxy Note III running WP8

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Nor am I going to pull out my BT stereo headset for listening to music on my motorcycle every time I want to make a 2 minute phone call.

First of all, impressive for being able to hold the phone up to your ear while on the motorcycle. ;)

But secondly, nobody is saying that you have to buy a device like this. The point is just it's ridiculous to assume that everyone who does want a device like this will actually be holding it up to their ear while on calls, because most won't be.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
First of all, impressive for being able to hold the phone up to your ear while on the motorcycle. ;)

But secondly, nobody is saying that you have to buy a device like this. The point is just it's ridiculous to assume that everyone who does want a device like this will actually be holding it up to their ear while on calls, because most won't be.

Dat punctuation. Assume the comma after the word motorcycle and it'll make sense.

GMJeff

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
I guess having a Bluetooth headset or an in helmet Bluetooth setup would not work either. If there is a problem like that, odds are someone has a solution.

I carry a Note 2 and a Lumia 920 every day. The Lumia is my main phone and I use the Note 2 for what it was made for, taking notes and such.

I also use both devices for media consumption, but the battery life on the Note is so much better than the Lumia because of the battery size.

I don't play games a lot on my phones, I have an Xbox for that, so that is an invalid point to me about interrupting a game to answer the phone.

You know what else, who cares what everyone else thinks if I stick my Note 2 up to my ear to make a phone call. Are we all still in third grade and have to look at people and snicker when they do something out of the norm.

GMJeff

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
I'd rather a device like that was running Windows RT (obviously with a phone and SMS app added in), as the pen support is already in that OS, but agreed entirely. I'm too dependent on OneNote though, to ever be able to switch to Android.

I use an official One Note app on my Note 2 as well as the app on my Lumia 920.

GMJeff

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
No thanks, I don't want such horrid plastic hardware.

As for horrid plastic hardware, probably 90% of all devices are made of some extensive amount of plastic. I have watched "quality made" non plastic devices shatter from a two foot drop onto a floor and plastic devices suffer only minor damage from a 5 foot fall, so I will take a lighter plastic feeling phone over a brick any day.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Last I checked, you can't ink on the Android variants of OneNote though (not in the official OneNote app, or in the Mobile Noter third-party app).

Joe Spencer

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I believe Nokia made a phablet prototype, called the 'Juggernaut'. Whether it becomes a retail product is anyones guess.

If you'd really like an ATIV S, just order an unlocked one from the UK on eBay. There are plenty in stock unlike the GSIII.

farukdgn

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I might be one of the very few people that love big phones. Maybe that's why I'm so fascinated with the Note, Note II and upcoming Note III. The Note III is honestly the only phone that makes me consider switching to Android. Unless of course Samsung decided to humor me and release a Note running Windows.

I mean, come on. We already have a Galaxy SIII reskin running WP8 (ATIV S.. which I hope makes its way to the US something soon). It can't possibly be THAT hard to to release a Note with WP8 (or better) on board. Am I the only one that actually enjoys larger phones?

hi. did you use any android phone before? i must choose one of android or wp. which one shall i choose? thanks.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Faruk: Ive used both quite a lot.
What are your primary needs for the phone, and what do you like/diskike about each,of your options?
Also: what devices are you considering?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo