Sold my Lumia 920 moving to HTC One

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPmaster

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I gave windows phone a chance and I did it twice. Once with the Samsung Focus and Now with the Lumia 920. Unfortunately, Windows Phone failed to deliver, the selection of apps sucks, key apps like instagram missing. Lack of a proper separate volume control center and notification center. They promised it would be different this time and they failed to deliver yet again. Bye Windows Phone you had potential, I don't think Ill ever come back but who knows... I said the same when I switched from the Samsung Focus when it came out. There are many tiny things that this OS is missing which collectively turns me off(ie terrible Skype app with missing basic features such as signing out, garbage facebook(can't edit/delete comments)). The all new HTC One seems what Im exactly looking for, a true premium android phone with class.

I really enjoyed the Lumia 920 don't get me wrong. I hope Nokia wakes up and moves on from this dead beat OS or I guess they can wait...until MS wakes up and starts listening to it's consumers. I wish the best for Nokia as they make one of the best looking phones, the feel amazing and their innovation rocks. Look at Blackberry 10... they made it so easy for apps to port and now they will have more apps in their marketplace than windows phone and they just launched.

Last edited:

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Enjoy the One. We will see you back when Lumia 1000 comes. I just all these will come with blue and we will still have a chance. Or Nokia start releasing Andriod phones.. which ever happens soon.

But i think you are right, MS seems to be very disinterested in the windows phone or may be they feel that they over delivered and hence they seem to be on vacation.. idiots.

WPmaster

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok sad to see you go but good luck with all your endeavors. I will end it sure cause I'm sure others will flame or trollala
Thanks, I don't think the thread will end up in flames. I find this forum pretty mature compared to others. I would assume others understand where I'm coming from as well.

WPmaster

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Enjoy the One. We will see you back when Lumia 1000 comes. I just all these will come with blue and we will still have a chance. Or Nokia start releasing Andriod phones.. which ever happens soon.

But i think you are right, MS seems to be very disinterested in the windows phone or may be they feel that they over delivered and hence they seem to be on vacation.. idiots.
I really want WP/Nokia to succeed but MS is just too slow. You'd thing a mega corp like MS would have the resources to pump out features every month. Also pay big money to app devs like instagram to port faster and provide all the help and resources they have. Yeah Im sure Nokia will win me back again with their EOS phone that's coming up... if a Lumia with 41megapixels comes out... how can I say no to that. I will suck it up and endure the annoying little things that MS neglects, just as I did the Lumia 920 until I found a phone worthy of switching away from ie the HTC One.

wpoblation

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey, we started out the same way. Samsung Focus to Lumia 920. Also disappointed on how things have turned out w/ Skype and Microsoft's indifference to the 'small things' that matter.

nanoware

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Android is trash. Inefficient code, fragmented mess.

For the most part Microsoft takes the safe route when releasing revisions. Hence the more stable os compared to android.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I can understand the desire to leave the platform, but I admittedly have to say that I don't get the decision to leave for the One. HTC is just such a poor OEM, from my experience. In the 2 years I had my Droid Incredible, I had a TOTLA of 2 updates, only one being allegedly-meaningful. If I was going to leave Windows Phone, I would probably wait to see what's up with the next Samsung hardware, because HTC's poor support last time around soured me to their stuff, and their poor showing on Windows Phone has only furthered those sentiments.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Android is trash. Inefficient code, fragmented mess.

For the most part Microsoft takes the safe route when releasing revisions. Hence the more stable os compared to android.

Now don't even start. As much as I dislike fragmentation, and as much as my time on Android (2010-2012) was a mess, DON'T sit there and rag Android for fragmentation. Fragmentation is actually WORSE on Windows Phone, given the fact that the hardware from 2010 until late-2012 can't upgrade to Windows Phone 8, meaning a LOT of stuff gets left out on those devices. Then throw in the exclusivity agreement Nokia has with EA and Chillingo, and you see MANY big-name apps and games that are on Nokia devices ONLY.

Fragmentation on Android can be worked around, and its ULTIMATE negatives aren't THAT great (when I was on Gingerbread, I can't recall a SINGLE time I was denied an attempt to install an app or game). Again, fragmentation has a whole sucks, and I don't ever want to go back to Android (for multiple reasons), but to sit and call Android trash for being fragmented while support Windows Phone is just about the FURTHEST extreme of the pot calling the kettle black that you can achieve.

MDboyz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I used to get HTC phones, but HD7 was my last one. Once they get you to buy the phone. You are on your own. If you decide to come back to Android, why don't just hold out for Galaxy IV.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I really want WP/Nokia to succeed but MS is just too slow. You'd thing a mega corp like MS would have the resources to pump out features every month. Also pay big money to app devs like instagram to port faster and provide all the help and resources they have. Yeah Im sure Nokia will win me back again with their EOS phone that's coming up... if a Lumia with 41megapixels comes out... how can I say no to that. I will suck it up and endure the annoying little things that MS neglects, just as I did the Lumia 920 until I found a phone worthy of switching away from ie the HTC One.

You can only pin the issues on Microsoft to a certain extent. I mean, it took a full year to get the first update on my Android device. I got my first Windows Phone update after about a month. We're looking at maybe getting 2 or 3 MORE meaningful updates (allegedly) within the first year of the OS's release--partially because the OS needs it, partially because Microsoft is willing to push those updates out.

But really, nothing HTC's One offers is worth a switch, in my opinion. HTC just does such a terrible job in long-term support of devices (Android OEMs as a WHOLE have this issue) that I wouldn't want to take the risk of getting a device, have the hardware outdated in 3 months, then have support end after 6-12 months.

WPmaster

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I will be waiting for the specs for S4 to come out before I make my final decision. I'm not too worried about OS updates from HTC as I usually root my phone and install custom roms from xda devs anyway.

sravanv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I will be waiting for the specs for S4 to come out before I make my final decision. I'm not too worried about OS updates from HTC as I usually root my phone and install custom roms from xda devs anyway.

If you're going Android, either get the S4 or go Nexus. Better yet, wait for the Motorola X phone. That'll blow all other Android phones away. It'll have the best hardware out there as well as Nexus-like rapid updates. If you get an S4 or the one, you'll have to rely on ROMs and unlocked bootloaders in order to update your OS.

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
No need to take things on a personal level. ;) Thanks for *your* perspective.

Well, what I don't understand is how your example scenarios don't match the actual use of the apps you cite. Or perhaps even how you discount things like the people hub and live tiles that are not in Android. I mean, I get that WP8 is a poor Android. It's a poor iOS too. That's because its not trying to be a copy of some other OS, it's trying to be something different. If you wanted one of those other OSes, why did you buy a WP8 device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs