How well does you Car sync with your WP8?

lt2010359

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I am looking to buy a new car and one of the most important features is how well it syncs with my phone. Most cars sync ok but what I really need is the sync capability for things like podcasts, full media such as artist, albums, songs etc. Then I need it to work with the apps. Like youtube or perhaps pandora (when it is released)

I am looking to be able to say. "play song 'set fire to the rain'" and have it play, as well as having the vehicle console buttons work the phone media. Then I would like to be able to voice activate pandora, or youtube or other apps.

If not. I need a car with a nice built in phone dock or stand so that I can manipulate the phone well while using the car. Most cars that have bluetooth or audio jacks will play whatever sound comes from the phone as long as I trigger the phone directly, BUT a lot of cars today are being made with no nice place to put the phone. I just looked at the 2013 Ford fusion. The Ford Sync was ok, but we could not get it to stream perfectly as i had to control the podcast from the phone. I would be fine with that if Ford designed a dock or stand into their sync and/or my touch system. So the only way to make it work would be to buy a new 2013 Ford, link thru bluetooth and then buy an ugly suction cup holder and stick it somewhere. The other problem is that their new dash design is not very conducive to finding a place to put the suction cup holder. I took a look at a buick but they were worse. I will also look at honda, toyota, perhaps hyundai....

Anyway, have a car and or setup that works really well?

What are some neat things your car will do with your windows phone.

I have the htc 8x

jdriscoll636

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Try a Chevy mylink touch. I have a ford sync so I don't know it is. I just have a feeling your not going to be 100% happy with anything you get, unless one of the big 3 makes a cell phone.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I've got a VW Tiguan and really enjoy the way it works with my WP8, although not to the extent you're looking for. As for phone options it syncs my phonebook and I can voice dial from the car. It also syncs missed calls, dialed calls, received calls so I can easily activate them through the steering wheel controls. It has full bluetooth so all audio goes through the car including YouTube, Xbox music, TuneIn, etc. The car's voice activation doesn't work for anything outside of making calls.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Mazda CX7 - phone works, digital audio does not. It did work on the iPhone.

edit: I should say that the phone mostly works... as it doesn't always maintain a connection if you change tasks on the hone quickly.

lt2010359

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I get the feeling nothing will work perfectly. So now my next step is to find a car that syncs thru bluetooth and then has a center console that is conducive to mounting the phone in a nice manner The latest ford fusion is a nice car and has a nice touch screen system, but the best place to put the phone is in the storage box between the seats. Which then makes it inaccessible. Odd that phones have been out for 2 decades now and there is not decent system in these cars to hold a phone and leave it accessible. I wonder how long it took before cup holders were common place. Heck all we need is a little slot with perhaps a simple spring loaded adjustment to compensate for phone size.

ViniBT

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
My WP7 works fine with brazilian version of Chevy's MyLink. Using bluetooth, I have phone, contacts and music (including names of songs and albuns). The one feature I miss is the album art. Using USB cable, my HTC Titan isn't even recognized. I still didn't try 3.5 mm cable.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
2014 Volt with MyLink works great with my phone (1020 with WP8.1 DP). Contacts sync (even pictures), phone works well, nav plays commands through stereo, and music work well. Only thing that doesn't seem to work is Pandora integration, but I rarely use it anyway, just wanted to try it out with the new car.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro