Do you still need another device on you aside form your wp8 in order to get by?

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I use my work Evo LTE because I have a hotspot app with unlimited data, and the data speeds are actually good for me on 3g - symmetrical 400kbps during the day up to 2mbps in the late/early morning hours. I have little need for land-based internet because of it.

My Windows Phone is my daily driver, and I can't say I really miss not having anything from Android and iOS. Both of those OSes have some great apps, and there's things I wouldn't mind seeing on Windows Phone, but both OSes have more niggling annoyances and thongs I miss that keep me with Windows Phone.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
How's Facebook messages horrible on WP?

Facebook and facebook messaging is HORRID on windows phone.
The FB app keeps popping up connection errors on mine and my friends phones. Also unable to add images in any app, also group chats don't work well at all.

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking of getting a nexus 4 to replace my 920 but I'm sure I would miss my incredible music and the camera(even though it is hit or miss most of the time)

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
At&t in the United States has an app since WP7 came out in 2010. I would petition or ask your carrier.

They dont even have an app for personal users on windows phone (They have iphone, ipad, android and facebook apps, but no windows phone one).
And this is the only carrier that has the 920 in Australia (they have exclusivity) and they dont seem to care a whole lot.

Sigh. Their website is horrible too. Takes me a solid 6 or so clicks on their website to get to my call usage (data usage is in a completely different place, heck its on a different website!).

sharpycl

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
Nope! If I can't do it on my Lumia 920 than it doesn't get done until my Lumia supports it. If it runs out of battery than I wait till I can charge it.

I've been trying to carry only a single device around with me for the past 2 years now and so far I am managing just fine on my current phone (Lumia 920).

Side note: I have an iPad 3 that never leaves the house unless I go on long trips and need something for media consumption. Otherwise it stays at home 95% of the year.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Nope. My Lumia 920 is my go to device for most things on the go, though I wish I had a couple of key apps to make my experience complete - e.g. an RBC banking app, Flipboard, a robust Facebook app, and a few current games, e.g. Temple Run 2.

Where my L920 is insufficient, I use my Surface Pro.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
No. I have a Galaxy Nexus and some iDevice because,I like to tinker and the apps I use to study Japanese on iOS are still miles ahead of the current WP offerings. But WP has been my daily driver for the past 18 months because it handles all my other needs superbly.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I use my Lumia 920 primarily as an music player, GPS and to make calls. I have a Nook Simple Touch that I carry around like I used to carry around a paperback book. I don't mind looking up a quick fact on a phone but I don't like to browse the web on it so I use a Surface RT which I take to work, on trips out of town, sitting in the kitchen, etc. but generally not running around town.

slalom

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I still have a Blackberry that is used primarily as my business device. Until my firm adopts mobile WP8 devices I will need to carry another device

AlexOwliver

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
iPad for exclusive apps such as Mint, games, etc, as well as operating my Apple TV. That's the one thing I really miss about the icosphere. . .being able to seamlessly sync between computer/TV/speakers/phone.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I still carry my old iPad 2 around with me everywhere I go not really because I don't /need/ to have it but because some of the apps on iOS are nice and sometimes its just nice to have facebook the way I was used to it before.

Yep. Most of my friends with lumias also have ipads. I have my old iphone 4 when i need apps that WP doesnt have.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I do carry my Surface RT and my Galaxy Nexus but I'm trying to ween myself off Google Services in favour of the superior Microsoft ones!!!!

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Keeping my GS3. "Needed" when traveling, just flash an occasional ROM or mess w/apps, otherwise.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720