FB app notifications issue on 7.8

TParce

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
So, I've had my Lumia 710 for about a month now, and a few weeks ago I updated to 7.8. But i haven't ever got facebook notifications. Actually, I did get some, and I guess that's the biggest problem, since if the case would be that I don't get notifications at all, then I'd know that the problem is in the settings, but I get notifications some times. And by some times I mean once a week, in the best case scenario.
So, these past few days I've been doing some research on the issue, and I found no solution at all. I did found that it was a common issue some time ago, and some people experiencing it, but no real answer, so Im kinda giving up. During my research I also figured that I should be getting notifications on the Me tile (altough I don't have it pined), but this is not happening either. It happens sometimes, I think only 2 times since I have the device.
I have checked all my settings: I have fb synced (I use fb chat from the msg hub very often, and it works quite nicely), I also have the toast and tile count activated on the fb app, but still nothing. Last thing I tried was reinstalling the app, and, oh wow, still nothing.
I think I have the very same problem with twitter, but since I don't use that network so much, I'm not really sure. But other apps, like whatsapp, notificates me right away like they should.

Well, I hope someone can give me at least a tip, I and know that there're a few topics on this issue but most of them are about wp8, or old, and none of them I found usefull. I'm sorry about the bad grammar and stuff, and thanks in advance.

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone has always had problems when it came to toast notifications, or just any notifications in general, with the exception of arriving sms messages and a few others. There was also the live tile issue with WP7.8.

So much for Facebook's "integration" with WP if it takes up to a week for notifications to show up.

TParce

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
So, everyone here with a wp7.8 device experiences the same problem? I repeat, it's not that i get notifications late, or it miss some, I just dont almost ever get them.

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
So, everyone here with a wp7.8 device experiences the same problem? I repeat, it's not that i get notifications late, or it miss some, I just dont almost ever get them.

Yes. Also, the live tile issues make the situation worse.

Microsoft really needs to make major changes on how notifications come through. Their server is pretty flawed if our phones can't get the notifications right away.

MrSean490

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
My FB notifications are routinely 15 minutes late, if they do come. I ended up disabling them because it was almost useless for me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos