Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
cisco won't even be support IPSEC clients much longer, they are all SSL AnyConnect connections. All VPN is going over SSL TLS any more. Now if they go anyconnect support, that would be fine. Domain access is moving away from firewall based VPN to domain cert based SSL VPN back into Microsoft networks in the near future as well. Yes there is a lot of IPSEC VPN out there, (I do a ton of it and have 2 tests left for my CCNP +Security), but with no cisco support for IPsec vpn on windows 8, everything is going ssl client or clientless SSL portal for VPN.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
cisco won't even be support IPSEC clients much longer, they are all SSL AnyConnect connections. All VPN is going over SSL TLS any more. Now if they go anyconnect support, that would be fine. Domain access is moving away from firewall based VPN to domain cert based SSL VPN back into Microsoft networks in the near future as well. Yes there is a lot of IPSEC VPN out there, (I do a ton of it and have 2 tests left for my CCNP +Security), but with no cisco support for IPsec vpn on windows 8, everything is going ssl client or clientless SSL portal for VPN.

Okay, I have to admit to being fairly clueless with regards to VPN and what you have just said has literally just blown my mind. :D
I'm sure it will mean something to someone else who does understand all this VPN stuff, so thanks for the input. :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

mingirel popescu

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Please add vpn client. I am using on my computer (windows 8.1 pro x64) a vpn server l2tp/ipsec (software 3rd party solution).
I can connect to this server using ios and android. Please add support in windows phone 8 also or tell us about an application or something which can do that (if exists).

Please help!

Nokia Lumia 520 user.

Thanks in advance.

Kascha K

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It's 2014. Nokia Lumia Black update. Lumia 1520 with GDR3 or whatever you call it. In March. STILL no VPN.

Thank God for 2X. Like Citrix except not annoying like Citrix or a PITA like Citrix and we replaced our entire Citrix farm at my company with an equivalent 2X farm, same number of servers, unlimited seats, a gateway app and the main host app plus got the printer issues from Citrix to go away and die for 1/3 the price it would have cost us to upgrade just our seat licenses to the new version of Citrix.

Mobile app works on all platforms and is free. Allows me to run thin client on workstations and tablets and run through HTML5, ASP, and gateway SSL on the phone and is lightning fast. Doesn't crash ever, and I can do anything on it that I can do on a workstation via virtual desktops that in most cases run full screen on the phone. Plus it has a mouse toggle built into the app and can also toggle the onscreen keyboard. Loves this app!

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I am fairly sure that VPN will be made available to Windows Phone with the 8.1 Blue update.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2