lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
That really sucks......and frankly really surprising considering Microsoft's corporate background.

Yeah...I agree with you. I expected this to be there with WP8.
They originally stated they didn't believe it was needed but that's hard to swallow...probably just not on their roadmap at the time but I've heard it is coming.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
To he honest most organizations and vendors like MS are moving away from VPNs for users in favor of SSL encrypted applications. That being said the next major update is rumored to have it.

Ian Middleton

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I agree VPN is not really necessary. I have managed to set up Exchange ActiveSync to Windows phones using SSL certificates and user digital certificates, works fine. Email messages often appear on phone before appearing in Outlook.

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Outlook/exchange are not the reason we need VPN. Would like to open our BI portal on my phone and show people what this phone cab do.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
VPN is pretty far from dying. It's used by a lot of companies.

It would be useful to me but as of right now it is not a deal breaker.

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I would love to have Cisco AnyConnect on my 920. Would be nice to update trouble tickets without pulling out my laptop.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

mclark2112

Feb 8, 2005
Visit site
I just want to be able to log into my servers to unlock users and other various tasks. We don't even have Logmein... Come on Microsoft, anyone, Please!

Kascha K

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
sorry not running an entire intranet site that accesses two mssql servers through an ssl tunnel. I had vpn on my 1st gen iphone classic. there's simply no excuse.

Fendero Rede

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
VPN is a dying horse. It's time to move on...

Is this statement supposed to be a joke? VPN is more than ever necessary, given the exponential attacks from hackers.
This was a deal breaker for me and I was about to migrate from Android where we have so many choices for VPN connections.

killachandra

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
All the little basic features that we hear are coming up in the next big update, and when the update comes in and its not there, and we hear" ran out of time" is not cool. MS should have a more focused team for bringing in small improvements as and when they are ready or the pace of growth for the os will die down. i know you guys will say its not that simple, or everythings gr8, but common, we need more than 1 big and 1-2 minor updates in a year, we need at least 2-3 major updates. Even symbian had tons of features that we are missing. MS is focusing heavily on RT and PC and the same level of commitment and dedicated team should be in place for the WP team, bloody i am even fed up of the updates i keep on getting regularly on my Win 8 PC.

chrisnx

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
VPN is not available?

Are you kidding?
I Need it for my University :shocked: Since i haven't yet a WP I'm really shocked about that.
I hope they get it fixed, i Need Internet in my University and we all use a vpn tunel. =/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa