Bing Rewards on WP8 searches

Mad MilkMan

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I was curious about that as well and when I read into it, searches from mobile devices such as tablets and phones do not count, hopefully they will change that as I use Bing over Google..

walter1832

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I rack up points all the time. I make almost $10 a month in points to use on apps/games. It does NOT work on the phone right now. I do it through my work pc. Easy money!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Can I earn credits for any Bing searches?
Provided that you have an offer to earn credits for searching on Bing, you can earn credits for Bing searches with the exception of those within the following Bing properties:

Please note, searches you make using your Mobile Phone are not eligible to earn credits.

Bing Rewards - FAQ

segadc

Apr 12, 2008
Visit site
You can earn points via WP if you have i.e. set to desktop mode and use bing.com. But yeah wish the Bing app had it built in.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Figured I would chime in on this thread. This is new (or broken) of Bing. You would previously gain points for searching through the Windows Phone 8 Bing app. I know this for a fact, I earned over 800 points from searching on Windows Phone. I recently got an e-mail that my Gold membership had expired. I figured I had just slowed down last month. I know I've been searching like crazy this month (and this morning) but when I logged into Bing Rewards it said I had earned 0 of 15 credits for the day. My Windows Phone searches are also no longer showing up in my search history (when they always used to). I think Microsoft broke something here or has chosen to shaft its Windows Phone members when it comes to searches. I don't search on the computer, so I guess my Gold status is gone forever.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Figured I would chime in on this thread. This is new (or broken) of Bing. You would previously gain points for searching through the Windows Phone 8 Bing app. I know this for a fact, I earned over 800 points from searching on Windows Phone. I recently got an e-mail that my Gold membership had expired. I figured I had just slowed down last month. I know I've been searching like crazy this month (and this morning) but when I logged into Bing Rewards it said I had earned 0 of 15 credits for the day. My Windows Phone searches are also no longer showing up in my search history (when they always used to). I think Microsoft broke something here or has chosen to shaft its Windows Phone members when it comes to searches. I don't search on the computer, so I guess my Gold status is gone forever.
I've had a WP for years and never got Bing point for mobile search. It has to be do e through the Bing bar or the windows 8 Bing metro app to count.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Please note, searches you make using your Mobile Phone are not eligible to earn credits.
Bing Rewards - FAQ
This sums it up right here. Every time I've seen something about Bing Rewards, talk about rewards from mobile search come up and as far as I know, mobile has always been excluded from the rewards.

If you use UC Browser on your phone and set it to "Visit as PC" when visiting bing.com, you accrue rewards that way... but of course, that's not as easy as using the search button on the phone.

Also, has anyone noticed that Microsoft quietly upped the requirements for earning points? You used to get 1 point per 2 searches, but I just looked now and you get 1 per 3 searches! That lessens point accrual by a significant amount, actually, so I'm a bit disappointed. I have Bing search as default on all browsers and all computers I use, and sometimes I sign in to my rewards account if I'm on someone else's computer and know I'll be doing some searching. Either way, I rack up points whenever I can, and have used it for $10 toward WP8 apps, 1600 Microsoft points, and a ton of contests. I want to win that contest for 100,000 points... I'll snag a ton of $5 cards for Amazon for myself, and a ton of Skype credit to gift to my family :D

VidJuhEffex

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I received my 8x through Bing rewards, 2 days ago. I love it, a worthy replacement to my Titan. People constantly make fun of me for using bing, I think I got the last laugh.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I have 3 computers at home and I've set them all to Bing with my account. So everyone at home contributed to my Amazon gift cards I've been racking up.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
This sums it up right here. Every time I've seen something about Bing Rewards, talk about rewards from mobile search come up and as far as I know, mobile has always been excluded from the rewards.

If you use UC Browser on your phone and set it to "Visit as PC" when visiting bing.com, you accrue rewards that way... but of course, that's not as easy as using the search button on the phone.

Also, has anyone noticed that Microsoft quietly upped the requirements for earning points? You used to get 1 point per 2 searches, but I just looked now and you get 1 per 3 searches! That lessens point accrual by a significant amount, actually, so I'm a bit disappointed. I have Bing search as default on all browsers and all computers I use, and sometimes I sign in to my rewards account if I'm on someone else's computer and know I'll be doing some searching. Either way, I rack up points whenever I can, and have used it for $10 toward WP8 apps, 1600 Microsoft points, and a ton of contests. I want to win that contest for 100,000 points... I'll snag a ton of $5 cards for Amazon for myself, and a ton of Skype credit to gift to my family :D

Mine shows 1 per 2 Bing searches, up to 15 points a day.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
I can tell you I've made roughly 16 searches on a PC, & I have almost 900 points. I watched it. I got points from my 920. WMPoweruser even ran a story on this.

Edit: Here you guys go; Bing Rewards comes to Windows Phone 8 | WMPoweruser

Not sure how it's working for you, but I just tried a few searches on my phone via the search button Bing app and they do not show up on the search history on my PC browser, nor did my point count change.

walter1832

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I just do 60 searches a day on a PC, usally at work, to rack up 30 points a day, which is the max. 7 days a week, 210 pts. About 850 pts a month, for nearly $10 a month in my MS gift card to purchase apps/games. I don't bother to do the searches on my phone as they don't add up points.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how it's working for you, but I just tried a few searches on my phone via the search button Bing app and they do not show up on the search history on my PC browser, nor did my point count change.

That's really the issue at this point. At some random point, mine quit working as well. So I no longer get points. I'm ******** up a storm to Microsoft and the Bing Rewards team.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Mine shows 1 per 2 Bing searches, up to 15 points a day.
Hmmm, up to 15? Well, maybe I make a ton more searches than you so they adjusted mine? I can get up to 30 points a day but they just occur less frequently:
s2qmtc.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise