About today's WP7.8 update

anon(5349218)

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Can anybody that was still running 7.5 tell me if they successfully updated to 8862 through Zune? Tried to update a friends phone from my computer but it said it was already up to date.....

markrtoon

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Umm.. anyone on a Lumia or other Nokia phone that just did this update suddenly can't see any of the Nokia exclusive apps in Marketplace? I don't even have a Nokia section in the Marketplace anymore..

Try downloading and then launching the Xbox Extras app from the Marketplace, that should fix it. If you've already got it, just uninstall it and then reinstall and launch it. Afterwards when you goto the Marketplace, the Nokia Collection should be there. Worked for me on a Lumia 710 after I had that problem.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Updated via 78 tool my Focus Flash , Live Tiles are working Again including Wide Tile for WPCentral App in particular.

Will miss the battery life that I had with them disabled or turned off..But has long has I can make it through a day I am fine..

Noticed lag when pressing tiles has went away alot, not really lag it is more of a animation that represents that tile was pressed before it responds etc.

AT&T disappeared from Marketplace for me, but, I really do not use those apps at all..

Else all good so far, let see how battery life is in about 8 hours from now..

pgeller

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I updated my AT&T Lumia 900 to 8862 with Seven-Eighter on 3/18. Battery life since then has plummeted. I always used a half-dozen live tiles, and that has not changed. Using diagnostic, I can see battery consumption is typically 300+ mA, whereas it was ~100+ previously. Argh.

pg

mrbudgie1982

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Why? If you are waiting for ATT, they haven't even put it up on their servers yet. Even when they do it will be days or weeks afterwards till it shows through zune. The fastest way is using Nokia Care Suite and Navifirm.

mines o2 in Uk, plugged phone in to sync some pics, when said there was update then it goes to the update checking screen and continually checks but not finishing checking

kxcd

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I used the old version of SevenEighter to update my Samsung Focus from 7.5 to 7.8 (7.10.8858) a couple months ago.

I just downloaded the newer improved version of the SevenEighter app (See other thread), plugged my Samsung Focus in, ran it, selected my languages and now I am up to date with the most current OS! Version 7.10.8862.144! I believe it installed two updates.

My Live Tiles that were broken are now working and I can also re-size them to the larger tile! Sweet!

rianext

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Still not got an update on l800, India. And I saw others from India posting abt getting their updates on l800, and that was around 2weeks back..dont understand why its taking this long for my phone to get it :/...

flyjeffd89

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
How did you get the 7.8 update on your Focus Flash?

I can't seem to get anything past 8773.

I've tried the forced update trick through Zune, but it just doesn't seem to work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos