Nokia sponsored Community petition for Instagram at Change.org

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Holy thread necromancy, Batman!

So I'm curious; with Instance, Oggl, and others, why is this still necessary?

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Holy thread necromancy, Batman!

So I'm curious; with Instance, Oggl, and others, why is this still necessary?

Haha, yes I woke this one from the dead. I was searching for an official quote I thought I had seen from Instagram regarding developing (or not) for Windows Phone 8 and stumbled upon this. To answer your question, it is not necessary but if they are going to continue going around filtering 3rd party app users as "spam", which will happen, then an official application will always be superior in regards to uptime.

Instagram is a completely disposable service as far as I can tell at this point (my opinion might change), but I think that almost 15,000 users signing that petition, and that likely being a small fraction of the people that use Instagram's service on Windows Phone and also knew about the petition, proves those users should not be taken for granted. Just make an app already.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I won't be a user, but I signed. We do need the "big" apps for the platform, even if we as individuals won't be users.

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Also signed, and got my gf who I have converted from iPhone 4s to Lumia 920 to sign, neither of us use the service, but as it was already states, windows phone needs the communities help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb