Is there some way to "speed dial" with a Windows 8 phone?

yeto

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The way my phone is currently set up is that when I tap phone to make a call the "history" page displays. Would it be possible to set up the phone so that the keypad will display and speed dial from the keypad or maybe have contacts/people display and speed dial?

Thanks,
yeto

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you need an app for this. I would create a "speed dial" group in people, pin the group to the home screen - job done. But that's just me.

Actually, it's not. I don't even need that. My 2 most often contacted people are my wife and my brother, so I've just got them pinned to my home screen, that way I can email them too, or whatever.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
You could always just ask your phone to call, text, email, that would be the quickest way without opening anything, just press and hold the windows button to activate voice commands then say call ***** or text ****** ECT, also fastest way to launch an app that's not pinned to start screen

gpstrucker

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I agree that voice dialing is the fastest way, especially when using Bluetooth.

One thing that bother me is you say you're tapping Phone. Wouldn't it be faster to use the People Hub? Tap People Hub, tap # and then the first letter of the person's name, then the person shown? That's what the People Hub is for, among other things.

The only time I tap Phone is to dial from history or to manually dial a number.

NOLATechy

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
There is an app in the Windows Phone Store called "Tiles." This app will allow you to create custom tiles on your home screen. One of the types of tiles you can create is a live tile to call a specific number. You can even add a picture of the person you want to call as the tile background and then assign the phone number to it. One tap on this live tile will call the number. Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss