Finding MOV file email attachment

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
A friend sent me an email with a 3MB MOV file attached. I downloaded the file and I can play it via the email. For the life of me I can't find where the MOV file is stored on my phone though. I can't even find any options to save it anywhere. I know it must be on the phone 'coz I can play it with no data connection. I'd like to delete the email but still be able to play the file, but without knowing where it is obviously I couldn't. Anyone any ideas? Thanks.

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
The video plays in total full screen so I don't get the three dots to get options, or any other standard controls. All that shows up when I touch the screen are fast forward, fast backward and pause/play controls at the bottom of the video. You've got me thinking, though. I'll play around and see if I can get the video smaller to reveal some standard controls. I'm out of battery now so I'll try tomorrow.

I hope this isn't like where the same friend showed me an RTF email attachment on her iPhone recently. She received it, could read it, could forward it, but couldn't specifically store it. It was accessible only through the email which carried it. She bins that email, she loses the attachment.

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Well, I've tried everything. Can't save it at all. It's stuck as part of the email. I could forward the email to my PC, then connect my phone to the PC, then download the attachment from my PC to my phone. But it's 2013 and I shouldn't have to do that. Would that work anyway? Dunno, because my PC's running XP and I can't do much to my phone with that, even less it appears since putting in an SD card. Couldn't be a plan to make me buy a Windows 8 machine, could it? Hush my mouth!

I like my phone and I like WP8 but it's not being able to do the simple stuff that you'd expect to be easy that really p*sses me off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel