Push notifications not working!!!

RajaI

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue on my Nokia Lumia 920, ATT Service. Push notifications used to work before the last couple of phone updates. Seems some thing got screwed up in the latest updates. :unhappysweat:

RI

Tamellingham

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I've tried about 12 different Facebook apps over 6 months, I've reinstalled them all, reset the phone, reset the firmwre via Nokia Care, still I've only had two notifications, for about half a day yesterday< before they started working again.

I don't think Windows Phones were designed with functionality in mind.

graemem

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Notifications are really patchy on my Lumia 620. Compared to my 3G iPad 3, it's utterly unreliable.

This isn't MS bashing mentioning Apple products. Just mentioning the standard I'm comparing it to.

blegs38552

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Same here in Central New Jersey USA on my Nokia Lumia T-Mobile 521 Windows 8 phone (with latest WP 8 update to 1030.6409.1316.0016). Should be getting Weather Channel, NBC News and CNN alerts, but am not getting these. I am getting Package Tracker alerts. Live tiles for these apps are updating, just am not getting Push Notifications.

I check Settings/background tasks - these are all allowed.

cyco1978

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Guess I should read this form before I sold my Z10 today this is unacceptable!! Idk who it's Microsoft or Nokia but this suck. Unless this is fixed in the update in the 925, I'm keeping this 521 as a spare phone and heading back to BlackBerry or iPhone

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Guess I should read this form before I sold my Z10 today this is unacceptable!! Idk who it's Microsoft or Nokia but this suck. Unless this is fixed in the update in the 925, I'm keeping this 521 as a spare phone and heading back to BlackBerry or iPhone

lol is all I'm gonna say......

kokasbal

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
it seems that since june push not working for me with wechat and viber. Skype , whatsapp are working fine . What the hell is with wp push?

urvkp

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Guys !! I've also same problem...i can send message in Facebook chat ,,, but can't get reply from others ,,and that messages I can shown in Facebook...so push notifications is not working last two days !!!

Rosie Chan

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
This sucks. How come MS is taking an awful lot of time to fix the issue? Do they even know about this? Im beginningvto think that MS developers are using iphone so they dont know about the problem. Lumia so so unreliable. Oh well what a waste of money...

drakdraken

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I have an issue with not being able to connect to FB account. Tried to delete an account and re-sign, but it won't accept the password, I just get this "Can't connect" error.

Ural Kemal Kavraal

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I found the solution. Last week I couldn't have notifications or had delayed notifications.(Whatsapp, Viber etc.) But now it works!
First you need to hard reset your phone(settings--> about phone ---> reset phone)
And you need to sign up for new outlook account. Because push notification works with your outlook account. Some how your account is not working.
After reset your phone you need to sign in with your new account. Now you'll see your notifications back! :))

Giles R DeMourot

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I have stopped receiving push notifications on my Nokia 920 from the marketplace and for push email since I disabled data roaming for a trip abroad, and reinstated it on my return. Also the LinkedIn application no longer wants to work as a background task. There has always been a bug in the settings/find my phone setting. When I push it to on (blue) it still says off on the settings page, but does seem to work from the Windows Phone web site.

This is extremely annoying. Hope someone will tell us what's happening.

Giles R DeMourot

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I found the solution. Last week I couldn't have notifications or had delayed notifications.(Whatsapp, Viber etc.) But now it works!
First you need to hard reset your phone(settings--> about phone ---> reset phone)
And you need to sign up for new outlook account. Because push notification works with your outlook account. Some how your account is not working.
After reset your phone you need to sign in with your new account. Now you'll see your notifications back! :))

That's a lot of work, so many applications to reinstall including big, paying ones, and I cannot delete my hotmail account which was created and used for the phone before outlook.com came up.

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I was having issues with notifications and Facebook today but after removing all accounts and adding them back all notifications are working again. Weird...

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Facebook is really my only problem with notifications. For whatever reason, they don't work. Facebook chat used to work perfectly fine but now it's been strange. I feel like I get a message and a notification just fine, but after I reply I don't get notifications anymore. I go to the Facebook app and I see that the person sent me another message, but that message doesn't show up in the stock WP chat app for some reason. And the Facebook app didn't send me a notification about it either.

This is my biggest problem with Windows Phone (2nd is the "Other" storage). The Facebook app came out of beta, but notifications still don't work. Does anyone have a fix? I'm not going to hard reset my phone...

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
What i did this evening was.
Remove Facebook account and email client from the accounts section on the phone.
Remove Facebook app.
Remove Facebook connection with email client on their website(for me it was outlook)
Remove Microsoft, Facebook for windows phone and windows phone from Facebook, account settings then apps.

Redo connection between email client and Facebook.
Add email client and Facebook account to phone
Install Facebook app, enable toast and live tiles.
Test

This worked for me, but from what i have read it will probably stop working soon and might not even work again.

Let us know how you get on.

anon(6183039)

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I've tried about 12 different Facebook apps over 6 months, I've reinstalled them all, reset the phone, reset the firmwre via Nokia Care, still I've only had two notifications, for about half a day yesterday< before they started working again.

I don't think Windows Phones were designed with functionality in mind.

Same here mate.... I am totally upset with WP... People say we have to be patience, that iOS took 5 years to be what it is today and WP is just released but the lack of BASIC features and amateur issues are to be blamed!. Here goes the list I have noticed after 1 week using my Lumia 920:

1) Facebook integration is weak (from time to time it says it cant connect to the chat or cant refresh feed with no reason at all - wifi and lte working. Not to mention that I can't receive any message form a contact that is on mobile chat - e.g. iPhone FB messenger app).
2) There is not a single message app that works (tried WhatsApp which drains the battery and have notifications issues and Vibe that I could not receive a single notification for incoming messages);
3) Skype is S****! How could MS turn its backs on skype for WP? I just cant get it... All other OSes have fully functional Skype while in WP it screws up big time! I cant even add a contact. (have tried to invite people from web outlook.com, but people doesn't get notified of my invitation). So basically MS bought Skype for nothing...
4) I can't lock rotation;
5) XBOX Music doesn't have gapless playback which makes listen to live albuns a pain in the heck! (seriously MS?? I mean, this feature is present in iPod for years!!!);
6) No separate audio volume for phone call, headphone and interface;
7) The lack of supported format for video playback;
8) I'm not and audio file, but the stock headphones are awful. Completely useless!
9) Find my phone location thru the windowsphone.com turn out to be an impossible mission (it says it cant be located, that i should try again.... and again.. and again... And yes, i have enabled the location service in my Nokia 920).
10) Install apps thru the web just not happening...
11) Turns out that notifications and WP have a complicated relationship and could not coexist... We relay on notifications every single time nowadays and MS not seems to know it.

Really hope most of that annoyances get fixed on WP 8.1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6