Push notifications not working!!!

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I agree with 6, i think that's a bit ridiculous as well. It doesn't bother me but i agree there should be a way to independently change volume for system vs media.

Giuseppe Piccolo

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Also in Italy we are with the same problem, there are pages and pages of complaints about notifications whatsapp late hours and days ... but no one listens to us.

Flavio76

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
WhatsApp really bad this last weeks....

Wpcentral Works as a charme, also e-mails.....
nextgen reader also great

so it is a WhatsApp problem for me...

alptibet

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Well after a long time without notifications I gave up on my HTC 8x. I have never or very seldom had notifications from whatsapp, viber, facebook etc. whats a smartphone without these notifications...Truth is, when it comes to notifications, a 20$ china made android phone works better than the much more expensive windows phone...I bought my HTC almost 10 months ago and this has been always a pain, is it so hard to address this issue I do not understand. Finally I gave it away, and now I get notifications on my other phone right on time...

prel

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Push notifications and messaging hub have been extremely unreliable since the first day I got my WP! It has been more than a year now and I still see so many complaints and still no official statement from MS. This is totally unacceptable!

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
My notifications works fine when i have good LTE or Edge signal. But when i have bad signal, the notifications works very bad. I think is not a WP problem, at least for me. I have some friends who changed Android to WP and have no complains about it.

danclyons

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been having push notification issues for a while now. I mean, Windows Phone is all about up to date, live tile notifications right? Without it, what's the point? I've been with WP since the beginning and I'm honestly losing hope that Microsoft is going to fix these issues and make it a solid OS. I'm giving them one more chance with 8.1 but after that I may jump ship, unfortunately.

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Im starting to think its more of a fb issue. When you google notification issues for fb there are tonnes of threads about people having issues on all platforms inc desktop Facebook. It seems to point towards facebooks notification centre updates which can reset peoples email notifications as well as push and with some people the options to turn them on aren't even there anymore.

My Facebook is foooked, if i go account settings then notifications and select enable all email notifications it says no notifications when saved. And this is because the notifications subscription bit is broken on thousands of peoples pages. Facebook is probably one of the biggest thing in the world and so many people have no choice bit to just stick at it.....and hope for the best

Arya Mehran

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
This issue for delayed notifications happens across all my apps, messaging hub, fb, viber, skype, ....
I love my Windows Phone, but this does need a fix.

anon(6183039)

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Lets's put it simple folks: Notification System in WP is completely useless and unreliable. So I think Microsoft need to make an oficial statement on if it will be fixed or not so users can at least jump off the boat before it sinks!

Filichev

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
same story here, in Kyiv, Ukraine. Skype seems to work normally, Watts App works only couple of minutes after app launch. Facebook doesn't work at all

Sgele

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Romania, reporting in.
Whatsapp, Viber, Facebook...all delayed from 3 minutes to a good 10-12 hours.

Could it be server-side?

anon(6183039)

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Romania, reporting in.
Whatsapp, Viber, Facebook...all delayed from 3 minutes to a good 10-12 hours.

Could it be server-side?

I believe that could be a MS issue, since the problem is spread across the world and is affecting a lot of apps. Maybe the store app update not being shown issue that many users are faceing (me included) has the same origin (MS push notifications system failure).

David Best

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
how do Microsoft handle notifications? i didn't know all notifications went through them, and do the other OS's also go through same process?

anon(6183039)

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
how do Microsoft handle notifications? i didn't know all notifications went through them, and do the other OS's also go through same process?

I believe so because one of the guys from the forum posted yesterday that he has contacted Viber staff on twitter about the notification issue and they said it was MS problem, not theirs. Not a hundred per cent sure though as I am mereley an end user.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)