Can you enable toast notifications for email?

nyc_rock

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this has been asked.

Man, what a pain to be in IE and get an email and have to go check it to make sure its not something that needs an immediate response.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
No toasts for email. If an email comes in, hit center button, tap on email tile, read email, tap back button three times or hold down back button and tap on Internet Explorer. Not quite as easy as seeing email pop up, but not a huge pain.

nyc_rock

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
No toasts for email. If an email comes in, hit center button, tap on email tile, read email, tap back button three times or hold down back button and tap on Internet Explorer. Not quite as easy as seeing email pop up, but not a huge pain.
Not a huge pain at all. The pain is having to do that for an email that was not important. Which is why having a pop up would be helpful.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Certainly, it could be an option and some people (not me), would enable it. But, one of the things MS has tried to do with WP is make it less complicated. I know some people like to customize everything, and certainly, with android you can do that. I don't have a problem if MS made the email toast an option, but how many customizing options do they want to make? Heck, if they enabled all the options mentioned on this board, they would have an a lot. It will be interesting to see what they do in the next version of WP.

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Not a huge pain at all. The pain is having to do that for an email that was not important. Which is why having a pop up would be helpful.
It could be just me, but I thought on other platforms if you have multiple emails unread then it wouldn't show you the message. So, if they enable toast for email (which I never will use) then they should fix that over sight on Android and implement it better on WP8.

nyc_rock

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
It could be just me, but I thought on other platforms if you have multiple emails unread then it wouldn't show you the message. So, if they enable toast for email (which I never will use) then they should fix that over sight on Android and implement it better on WP8.
In some instances you are correct. For me, most of the time, I get one or two emails at a time. So when I am reading something on IE, or reading my twitter feed, or in FB I get one email at a time. The toast would allow me to see, from what I was doing, if I needed to read the email rather than having to jump around to make that decision.

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
In some instances you are correct. For me, most of the time, I get one or two emails at a time. So when I am reading something on IE, or reading my twitter feed, or in FB I get one email at a time. The toast would allow me to see, from what I was doing, if I needed to read the email rather than having to jump around to make that decision.
That's why I hate the feature. I get hundreds of emails. It's annoying seeing a toast with no sample. A notification sound is enough, which doesn't happen on my Lumia and I'm happy about that.But if you get less email I can see how that can be helpful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786