Battery problems

Eirenarch

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
In the last couple of weeks I have some strange problems with battery. When the phone is used in a way that consumes battery (app or game) in a couple of minutes it announces that the battery is low and seconds after this shuts down. Sometimes it doesn't even show the message. If I try to turn it on again it powers down unless it is plugged in a charger. Interestingly if I remove the battery and put it in the phone again it starts just fine. Sometimes the battery indicator is at half when this happens and I can continue using the phone as a phone (i.e. no serious app usage) for a day. The phone is Samsung Omnia W running the latest version of WP (7.10.8862.144 which I think is the 7.8 live tile fix version). I feel like this is a battery problem and not software but I have never seen battery problems before and the problem escalated really quickly after it happened for the first time. Is this how a battery dies and should I purchase a new one or this is some other issue?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
This is exactly how my Li-ion batteries in my laptops have died.. they suddenly stop holding a charge and power off when not empty and drop large chunks in the percentage gauge, so it sounds like a battery issue to me. If you've had the phone for a couple of years this is likely.

ishan_122

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I am having the exact same problems which started from a few days back...Even i suspect its a battery failure but my phone is just 1 year old. Dont expect the battery to die soon. If you could tell me the solution you took for this problem, it would be really helpfull. Thanks!!

Eirenarch

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
It was the battery. My phone works fine now. I actually think the battery was becoming weak long before I had the severe problems. Now the battery lasts much longer and I often skip charging it in the evenings as I have no problem going two or even three days with one charge (depends on the usage of course).

Indrajeet Singh

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I have exactly same problem. Omnia W was working perfectly fine for one year and suddenly it has started getting shut even when battery shows 50% and I also thought it may be battery issue but put a brand new battery problem returned after few days. I did factory reset and installed apps afresh but problem remains.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss