Music stutters 2 seconds before each song ends while streaming

jonathanrn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
There is a weird behavior on my 920 that has been bugging me more and more as time goes on. It seems to be only limited to when I'm streaming a Smart DJ mix, but about two seconds before each song ends, there a tiny stutter. Just a single stutter. It's predictable, and repeatable, and it totally takes me out of the moment. Now I'm anticipating it happening and it's ruining Xbox Music for me. Especially now that Pandora is out and there is no stuttering in that app. Anyone else having this problem?

Jonathan

Lmuggs-

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Same. The stutter is driving me crazy. Now that Spotify is available on WP8, I might go back to it unless MS releases a fix for Xbox Music.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Happens to me all the time. It seems like the next song always seems to be ready to play, so my guess is that it happens when it starts to buffer the next song.

More than likely this. I like this more compared to how my other WP's have handled streaming: completely stopping at the end of the song for five to ten seconds before starting up again.

segadc

Apr 12, 2008
Visit site
Yes its way annoying! Been meaning to create a thread so glad you posted it. Hopefully there is a fix in the next update.

fredolay69

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it bothers me that much. But i would really like to see the stutter be gone, AND have the next song get qued up and ready to play in an effort to decrease buffer times.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo